03-10-2014 07:37 AM - last edited on 03-13-2014 10:29 AM by george-p
No matter what I try, I can't get the scanner to work properly. Can you help?
03-13-2014 10:36 AM
Welcome to the HP Support forums. I understand that you are unable to scan.
To better assist you, would you please provide some further information:
1) Are you using the Photosmart 6520 as per the titled thread? If not what make/model/product number of HP printer do you have? Guide to finding your product number
2) How is the printer connected (USB cable, ethernet, or wireless)?
3) What operating system are you using on your computer (Windows 7, Mac 10.8, or Windows 8, etc)?
4) Have you installed the full feature software and driver for your operating system?
5) Are you getting any error messages when you try to scan? If so what are they are and where are they displayed (computer or printer)?
6) Is the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet?
7) Are you able to make a copy from the front panel of the printer?
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!