02-11-2013 07:18 PM
I bought the printer last night, registered, set it up with the apps on my phone and tablet, and have it connected wirelessly. When I try using any of the apps on screen it says "Server Connection Error: -1 There was a problem connecting to the server. Touch retry to connect again, or OK to exit.
I have a hp email address set up for the printing, and it works just fine, I just can't access any of the apps on the printer screen..
Anything I am missing?...
This question was solved. View Solution.
02-13-2013 10:17 AM
I would turn ePrint off and the back on, and then reattempt to access the apps. Then if that fails, I would power cycle the printer and router to make sure that they are synced up with each other. To turn ePrint on or off, access the web services menu and then scroll to you find that option and then turn the feature off and then back on. After that task has been completed, attempt to access the apps.
If unsuccessful, the next procedure is to power cycle the router and printer.
1. Unplug the power cord from the router ( most do not have an on/off switch)
2. Power down the printer using the power button.
3. Wait at least 30 seconds.
4. Plug router back in and wait for it to be up and fully operating.
5. Turn printer back on and once it finishes it start up process, check to make sure wireless is on and then reattempt to access the apps on the printer.
02-14-2013 09:50 PM
I tried both of the options listed. I have access to a few apps like the Disney and Nickelodeon ones. But most of the rest try to connect, and still show the same error, even when retrying to connect.
02-15-2013 08:16 AM
The next step that I would take is to set a static DNS for the printer. To do that one will need to access the printer embedded web server (EWS). Take the printer's IP address and plug it into the address bar of a browser on the computer. Do not enter the IP in the search engine. That should bring up the EWS. Proceed to do the following steps to set the static DNS
- On that screen, locate the tab titled Network.
- In the column on the left choose Networking.
- Select Network Address (IP), this will load the IP Address configuration page. Look at the second portion titled DNS Address Configuration.
- Change the radio button to Manual DNS and enter to following information.\
- Set the Manual preferred DNS to 220.127.116.11 and set the manual alternative DNS to 18.104.22.168 and then click apply.
- Be careful not to click OK on the following message without reading. That is an offer to undo the changes that you just made on the EWS.
- Power Cycle printer and then reattempt to access the Apps on the printer
02-15-2013 09:30 AM
I followed the steps you outlined, and went back to verify I had accepted the changes without reverting them. There is still no connection showing when I attempt to use the on printer apps
02-15-2013 09:48 AM
I would like to do a status check on a few items by asking for additional information before we proceed any further. Have you had success in setting up and sending an ePrint job to the printer's email address? Can you access any HP Apps from the printer? Do you still have the ability to access the Disney and Nickelodeon Apps?
02-15-2013 10:10 AM
I have been able to send print jobs from my computer, phone, and tablet perfectly. I can access the disney "print now" option, but not the free subscription, same goes with Nickelodeon, paper planes, and Dreamworks. I have full access to Quick Forms, and access to the Savings app, but it can't connect when scanning the offers selected.
02-15-2013 10:18 AM