Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you have updated the iOS HP ePrint Home&Biz application to the new HP ePrint 5.0 app, you may have noticed that the app file storage and scan features have been moved to the HP Printer Control app.  If you wish to continue using these features, please install the HP Printer Control app available in the app store.

If you have saved files in the HP Home & Biz app that you wish to retrieve, these instructions will help you retrieve them using iTunes, even if you have already upgraded to the new HP ePrint 5.0 app.

Backup your device 

• As an extra precaution, you may want to create a new backup of your device in iTunes before syncing or completing the steps below. 

Before you begin    

• If you are still running the HP ePrint Home & Biz app, continue with the next section.
  • If you have installed HP ePrint 5.0, go to the app store and update to HP ePrint 5.0.2 before continuing
  • If you deleted HP ePrint 5.0 after installing it, you need to restore the HP ePrint Home & Biz app and data from a previous backup before continuing to recover your files. 

Use iTunes to locate the HP ePrint app folders on your device

1. Connect your Apple device to iTunes using the Apple supplied cable.
  2. Select your Apple device in the DEVICES section in iTunes.  Your device information displays.
  3. Click the Apps tab above your device information.  The Sync Apps pane appears.
  4. Scroll down to the File Sharing section and click HP ePrint or HP Home & Biz in the Apps list, (depending on which app you have installed).  The HP ePrint folders on your Apple device appear to the right of the app.

Save your files to your computer

1. Open each folder and click on the file(s) you want to save.
  2. Click the Save to button.
  3. Navigate to the desired folder location on your computer.
  4. Click Select Folder, if you are using a Windows computer, or click Open, if you are using a Mac.   The desired file(s) are copied to the selected folder.

Optional

If you are using HP ePrint Home&Biz and have just saved your files to your computer, you can now upgrade to HP ePrint 5.0.2 in the app store. Install the HP Printer Control app to use scanning and in-app file storage features.

Use the following instructions to import these saved files into the HP Printer Control app.

Add files to HP Printer Control

1. Install the HP Printer Control app.
  2. Connect your Apple device to iTunes using the Apple supplied cable.
  3. Select your Apple device in the DEVICES section in iTunes.  Your device information will display.
  4. Click the Apps tab above your device information.  The Sync Apps pane appears.
  5. Scroll down to the File Sharing section and click HP Printer Control. The HP Printer Control folders on your Apple device will appear to the right of the app.
  6. Click the Add button.
  7. Select the desired file(s) from your computer.
  8. Click Open.
I am an HP employee.
16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Great Info!

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

:Surprise:

HP Recommended

how do i put a domain on my printer

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what you mean by putting a domain on your printer. When you set up ePrint, the ePrint email address will always be @hpeprint.com, if that is what you are referring to. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
What i mean is when i go to my printer on line i cant do any thing there cuzz i enabled the password and i thought that i took it back to default. And o did not now i cant add the printer to my site
HP Recommended

What model printer are you using? 

Signature
HP Recommended

Kudos Problem solved !!

HP Recommended

I'm still using HP ePrint Home & Biz.  Didn't  update due to poor reviews on newer versions.  Was about to follow your steps to update but wanted to find Hp Printer Control first.  A search on Apple's App Store came back with no matches.  Is the app not available through Apple?  Or, has the name been changed?

HP Recommended

I'm still using HP ePrint Home & Biz.  Didn't  update due to poor reviews on newer versions.  Was about to follow your steps to update but wanted to find Hp Printer Control first.  A search on Apple's App Store came back with no matches.  Is the app not available through Apple?  Or, has the name been changed?h

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.