HP2510 Deskjet All-In-One, Windows 7, Print Grayscale and Font Size (656 Views)
Honor Student
joseph5841
Message 1 of 4 (656 Views)

HP2510 Deskjet All-In-One, Windows 7, Print Grayscale and Font Size

[ Edited ]

To select grayscale printing, it appears 6 clicks are needed, starting with File, Printer settings, etc.  in the pull down menu. Is there a way to  more easily select gray or color when printing something. 

Also, have noticed that email fonts print smaller than original email.  Any way to adjust this?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 4 (617 Views)

Re: HP2510 Deskjet All-In-One, Windows 7, Print Grayscale and Font Size

Hey joseph5841,

If you are only trying to change the settings for a single print job, then one has the ability to click Print to open the print window.  This window has a button for Preferences or Properties where one can select the same color vs grayscale feature you are mentioning.  This may shorten the process a little for an individual printout.

As to the font size when printing:

Are you printing from a program such as Microsoft Outlook or are you using a browser to log into an email client?

If browser based, what browser are you using? (ex. Chrome, IE, FireFox, etc)

Does this happen with all documents or only emails?

Have you tried copying the text in the email to Word, then printing the text?  Does the small text happen in this case as well?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
joseph5841
Message 3 of 4 (594 Views)

If I click the print icon on the page to be printed, it goes directly to print with no Preferences or Properties button. If I go  to File and pull down the menu to print, it allows me to select grayscale, black ink only or color. What is the difference between grayscale and black ink only? Does grayscale use some color ink? It also looks like I can select black or color on the control panel of the printer by pushing the appropriate button.

I use Firefox. The smaller print appeared on printed email as well as a document typed using Open Office 3.1. If I copy and paste the email into Open Office, it prints normal size.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 4 of 4 (590 Views)

Hey,

By selecting the color vs black ink only in File > Print > Properties method will change the print settings for a single print.  If you open Devices and Printers, then right click on the installed Deskjet 2510 you will be presented with a menu that contains Printing Preferences.  Set the option here and it will become the new default for printing when you select Apply.

As to black ink only vs grayscale:  Black ink only selection will print everything in black using the black cartridge as the top layer.  If you select grayscale, then this will use less color than normal but will still use color ink in the printouts.

It sounds like the small print issue is coming from a conflict with drivers.  Can you try printing the email from a different browser or if it is an attached file download the file then open it?  Also, as a workaround one may try using an alternate driver such as the HP Deskjet 9800 driver or the Deskjet 990c driver.  For information on how to use an alternate driver click here.

Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation