Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I print photos from my iPad onto this printer they print off to a 10x15 size, although the printer is set at A4. Documents print off as normal!

My previous printer HP2610 printed everything correctly (A4) as instructed.

What could be the problem?

RE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is very easy to get HP's print apps.  Actually two of them exist.  First, go to the app store and search "HP Printer" and you should have no problem finding both of those.  The ePrint app is the one that will ultimately solve your problem, though.

The next one is the HP Printer Control app which works like a remote control for the printer.  If you searched "HP Printer," it should also appear.  This is more for scanning whereas ePrint is more for printing. Both apps are available as an iPad app and an iPhone app.

Here is a link with more information.  

--HP Mobile Apps--

Let me know if this works for you.  I really hope it gives you the print control you need.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I want to make sure I understand the problem first.  You want to print the photos on A4 paper but the photo is coming out smaller, is that correct?

What print function are you using to print (ePrint, the ePrint app, Airprint, etc)?

The iPad uses Airprint to print without using an app, which means you cannot select the photo sizes.  It auto-detects them.  

The ePrint app however, allows you to select 10x15 cm or A4 to print.  It is a free app that allows you to select print sizes.  Be sure to place the right paper in the main tray before attempting to print.

Answer my questions above please so I know which feature you are using if my suggestions do not solve your problem.

HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply. Sounds like you solved the problem!
I used AirPrint. Where do I get the app from?
I forgot to say on my original query documents print off with no problem.
Regards. RE
HP Recommended

It is very easy to get HP's print apps.  Actually two of them exist.  First, go to the app store and search "HP Printer" and you should have no problem finding both of those.  The ePrint app is the one that will ultimately solve your problem, though.

The next one is the HP Printer Control app which works like a remote control for the printer.  If you searched "HP Printer," it should also appear.  This is more for scanning whereas ePrint is more for printing. Both apps are available as an iPad app and an iPhone app.

Here is a link with more information.  

--HP Mobile Apps--

Let me know if this works for you.  I really hope it gives you the print control you need.

HP Recommended
Thanks.
Do I ignore the "print" button on the iPad/Phone now?
HP Recommended

Well, ePrint has a few more buttons to push so think of Airprint as a convenient way to print your documents and use ePrint when you need a little more functionality.  Thank you for coming back and letting me know it worked. 😄

Happy ePrinting!!

HP Recommended
I can't appear to send kudos!!
HP Recommended

I have had that problem recently too.  Refreshing the page can help or I will simply say thank you so much for your efforts!  I am more than happy to help! 

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance. 🙂

HP Recommended
Thank you so much for your efforts/help
HP Recommended

I have downloaded the apps. used re-size -  fit to page and still my prints are quater page size.

can anyone help please?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.