Question

Student
dbgiayb
Message 1 of 9 (1,386 Views)

HP5525-In HP Web Services on pirnter, could not communicate with HPePrintCenter.com

Hi,

I have been trying to turn on Web Services on my HP 5525 and get it registered by connecting with HPPrintCenter.com.  I have gone into the brower (firefox) and clicked on the setup, but it says "Communicating with HPePrintCenter.com.  I have tried this several times.  It has currently been running for about 30 minutes.  No failure but no success either.  I am using the static address and has set DNS on the printer.  I had also upgraded to the latest firmware.  I can log into the website with no problem.

Any help would be aprreciated.

Thanks,

Tommy

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 9 (1,376 Views)

Re: HP5525-In HP Web Services on pirnter, could not communicate with HPePrintCenter.com

HI Tommy,

Try setting the following DNS addresses and let me know if that may help:

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8

Secondaty DNS: 8.8.4.4

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
mccreadyt
Message 3 of 9 (1,366 Views)

Re: HP5525-In HP Web Services on pirnter, could not communicate with HPePrintCenter.com

Hi Shlomi,

In my original explanation, I made a mistake is stating that I had been waiting a long time while the printer was trying to communicate.  There was a message bar in Firefox asking if I would allow the page to be refreshed and I missed it.  I immediately got the error "

Could not communicate with HPePrintCenter.com
If the product is network connected, try changing the Proxy Settings."
I don't use a proxy server, so I disregarded that.
I reset the printer to default settings.
I verified that Web Services Print was enabled.
I entered a different IP address and verified HTTP management.
I entered the DNS you gave me.
I received the same error as above.
Thanks in advance for your time,
Tommy
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 9 (1,349 Views)

Hi Tommy,

As a DNS was configured and the connection still fails, I suspect the local network firewall may block the device access.

Please set a port forwarding for the following ports within your router configuration, either as TCP and UDP.

Any of the ports below should be forwarded to the printer IP Address:

Please let me know of any change,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
mccreadyt
Message 5 of 9 (1,338 Views)

Hi ShlomiL,

I did the router port forwarding, rebooted cable modem, router, printer and pc with no luck.

I also changed my pc to a static address with the same DNS.  I pinged the DNS fine from printer and pc, but got no return when trying to ping an hpeprintcenter.com IP (15.200.2.21) from printer or pc.  The DNS did resolve that name to the ip.  Still no response.

Thanks again for your continued help,

Tommy

Honor Student
mcyigra3
Message 6 of 9 (1,146 Views)

Hello,

I have been banging my head too. But the simplest of things that I did to get my printer connected was to get it registered with the DHCP IP address and then changed the proxy setting to only have the port number 1 - nothing else.

Apply this settings on the web admin page and then rebooted the printer. Once back online i pressed the connect and it went through and I received an email address from HPePrint.com

Now it is working fine. Hope it helps.

Honor Student
mccreadyt
Message 7 of 9 (1,139 Views)

Thanks, mcyigra3!

The proxy port setting worked!  Everything went smoothly after that.

This has been a major irritant to me until now.

Thanks again,

Tommy

Honor Student
mcyigra3
Message 8 of 9 (1,135 Views)

You are very welcome. I was lucky to have a M400 printer that had all the settings already installed. Just checked that one and copied them over to the larger M551.

Take it easy.

Honor Student
mccreadyt
Message 9 of 9 (1,132 Views)

I looked at that setting at least 20 times and discounted it...

Your response has made my month.  Now I am allowed to use this monster to its fullest.

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation