Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a print job stuck in the queue of my HP Officejet Pro 8100.  I tried to delete the file, but it's been stuck for a day and I can't print anything else- it seems as though the locked up job in the queue is stopping other jobs.

I've done the following:

tried deleting file- won't delete- Status says "deleting" for over a day.

power cycle

direct connect printer USB

power cycle- disconnect power cable, hold power button for 1 minute- leave machine alone for 30 minutes.

Nothing has worked thus far.

Please help.

Thanks

Ditt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

From the Desktop, hold down the Windows key and press R.  Into the Run window, type services.msc and hit enter.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder - You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document has been removed.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

From the Desktop, hold down the Windows key and press R.  Into the Run window, type services.msc and hit enter.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder - You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document has been removed.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I was aply to remove the object in the queue, your fix worked like a charm- Thanks!  Ditt

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome, good to hear it's sorted :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Do you have any further ideas if all of that still doesn't solve the problem?  It removes the job from my computer, but not from the printer itself.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.