Question

Student
lali1938
Message 1 of 3 (1,289 Views)

How can I get my hp Photosmart Printer to SCAN

I have a wireless hp Photosmart Printer that copies and prints perfectly...but I cannot get it to scan and then send to PC....

Do I need a driver for that? 

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 3 (1,285 Views)

Re: How can I get my hp Photosmart Printer to SCAN

Have you tried using HP Solution Center to initiate a scan?

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
C4580AllInNone
Message 3 of 3 (803 Views)

Re: How can I get my hp Photosmart Printer to SCAN

Apparently HP no longer supports the HP Solution Center,  which worked perfectly. Now the only downloadable software/drivers for Photosmart All-In-Ones has a new program, that focus on getting you to purchase prints, and basically generate revenue for the company. You want to scan? Buy a new printer. 

I've reinstalled, and removed at least 10 times, and tried basic, and advanced. It always stalls about halfway thorugh.

Fatal Error - Click here to download a fix. It downloads to the desktop- Says HP Windows 7 fix, and it doesn't do anything.

Well at least your printer lasted longer than those awful laptops we bought in 2008. 

Sony Vaio for me from now on, and my next printer will be Sony. Anything but HP. 

They don't stand behind their products.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation