Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
When I try to print a screen shot, I've been unable to print it as a document.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thanks' I understand now what it its that you're trying to achieve.  The best way to print a webpage isn't to take a screen shot of the page as this saves a photo and will print out with very smal font.

One of the ways to print a webpage is through e-Print and the set of instructions I've outlined in the earlier post.

There is another way using the iPad's inbuilt AirPrint app which i'll outline below:

The first step begins in safari or the google app that you're using on the iPad to view the webpage. Rather than take a screenshot of the page, select the options button circled in red below (this will give you the option to print using Airprint).

IMG_7224.PNG

Next, select the print option circled in red below (you might need to scroll accross to see it)

IMG_7225.PNG

Next, hit Print circled in red below - make sure that you have plain paper loaded into the main of the printer and your webpage should print out.

IMG_7226.PNG

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you say that you wnat o print it as a document, I take it that you want o print it on plain paper as opposed to photo paper?

When you take the screen shot, are you using a mobile device or desktop/laptop?

If it's a mobile device, then the screenshot is most likely saved as a photo and if you are using the e-print app to print, the printer will default to phot paper for the print. You can change the print settings within e-print to select plain paper and A4 if this is what you would like.

"

HP Recommended
I am using my iPad, and you are correct..it stores the screenshot as a photo. I followed your suggestions (as best I could) but so far, they haven't worked for me. I changed my preferences in e-print, but the page I was finally able to print, had font so small I could hardly read it. If you wouldn't mind, could you list your step-by-step suggestions...I'm not an expert! I do appreciate your time . Thanks so much!
HP Recommended

Is the screenshot of a webpage that you want to print?

"

HP Recommended

If it's a webpage that you want to print, please follow the instructions below :

Open the e-print homepage and select the Web icon below:

ePrint homepage.PNG

Next, copy the web address of the page that you want to print (double tap screen on ipad in the address bar to see the copy option appear) from Safari/Google and paste it to the address bar of the e-Print web tab below:

Address bar.PNG

When the page you want has loaded, press print in the top right corner.

Preview.PNG

Then press the print options button in the top right.

printer options.PNG

Select more options.

Paper select.PNG

Finally select the papaer type that you want (A4 if it's a webpage).

"

HP Recommended
It is actually instructions for something I wanted to quilt. Thank you for your suggestions, but I'm not sure I'll be able to use them. Also, what does the "A4" option mean. I did find it, but don't know what it is, or means.
HP Recommended

A4 is a paper size option for paper that is approx 8" x 12".

Can you explain what you mean by wanting instructions for something to quilt? 

If it's something that you want to print, we should be able to find a way. I'm just not sure I fully understand what it is that you're trying to print.

"

HP Recommended
I took a screen shot on my iPad...from Pinterest...it involves instructions, so it's a number of paragraphs. It is stored in my photos. I've also done the same with a number of recipes, so would like to know how to print these things on plain paper.
I hope that explains my difficulty a little better! Again..thanks!
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thanks' I understand now what it its that you're trying to achieve.  The best way to print a webpage isn't to take a screen shot of the page as this saves a photo and will print out with very smal font.

One of the ways to print a webpage is through e-Print and the set of instructions I've outlined in the earlier post.

There is another way using the iPad's inbuilt AirPrint app which i'll outline below:

The first step begins in safari or the google app that you're using on the iPad to view the webpage. Rather than take a screenshot of the page, select the options button circled in red below (this will give you the option to print using Airprint).

IMG_7224.PNG

Next, select the print option circled in red below (you might need to scroll accross to see it)

IMG_7225.PNG

Next, hit Print circled in red below - make sure that you have plain paper loaded into the main of the printer and your webpage should print out.

IMG_7226.PNG

"

HP Recommended
THANK YOU!!! Success. I so appreciate your help..
Carol
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.