Question

Student
Irementer
Message 1 of 16 (23,694 Views)

How do I print from my iPad? can't find my printer. It did at one time print!

Master's Graduate
zack_hp
Message 2 of 16 (23,664 Views)

Re: How do I print from my iPad? can't find my printer. It did at one time print!

In order to AirPrint from your iPad/iPhone, here's all you need to do:

1. Make sure the printer and iPad/iPhone are connected to the same local network.
2. Open something you want to print (on the iPad/iPhone).
3. On the iPad/iPhone, tap the "Action" button (arrow curving out of a box).
4. Tap "Print".

If you have any issues the below steps should be able to help you out:

1. Power off the printer.

2. Completely power off the iOS devices (hold the Sleep and Home buttons simultaneously until a message appears asking you to "Slide to power off". Slide across that bar, and it should completely power off).

3. Power the printer back on.

4. Power the iOS devices back on.

5. Try to print again.

Those steps usually resolve the issue. If they do not, try this additional steps:

6. Power cycle your router (usually done by unplugging the router’s power cord, waiting 20 seconds, and plugging it back in).

7. Make sure that the iOS devices and the printer are all connected to the same network, then try to print.

If I have SOLVED your issue, please feel free to provide KUDOS and make sure you mark this thread as SOLUTION PROVIDED!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Student
JeannetteRutter
Message 3 of 16 (21,217 Views)

Re: How do I print from my iPad? can't find my printer. It did at one time print!

How do I get my printer to work with my IPad? It did before.

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 4 of 16 (21,194 Views)

How do I print from my iPad? can't find my printer. It did at one time print!

@JeannetteRutter
Are you getting any type of error messages? What printer do you have? Did anything change with your network?
Honor Student
Jciiicav
Message 5 of 16 (18,000 Views)

When I try to print from my iPad 64gig 1rst edition it says no air print printers found help
Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 6 of 16 (17,984 Views)

Hi Jciiicav,

I see that you're having problems printing from your iPad.

Where you able to complete the trouble steps above by Zack_hp?

Honor Student
Jciiicav
Message 7 of 16 (17,962 Views)

I tried the first set of instructions. I didn't however shut off my printer and then my iPad and power them back on. I have trouble see how this will help from previous experience.
Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 8 of 16 (17,927 Views)

Jciiicav,

What printer do you have?

I would try all the steps listed above.  

The steps above fix most issues with Airprint.

Honor Student
Jciiicav
Message 9 of 16 (17,792 Views)

My printer is the hp 1680c forget whether it is a desk jet. It is however an all in one
Honor Student
talljimlaw
Message 10 of 16 (17,756 Views)

Following the stgeps worked for my Ipad--- turn off Ipad, wait ten seconds, turned back on and it found printer and printed my notes from my Ipad--Marvelous!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation