Question

Student
dmwoolard
Message 1 of 37 (9,425 Views)

.How do I stop The Daily Manager from printing on my printer every day besides returning the printer

.How do I stop The Daily Manager from printing on my printer every day besides returning the printer

Master's Graduate
Cole_M
Message 2 of 37 (9,419 Views)

Re: .How do I stop The Daily Manager from printing on my printer every day besides returning the pri

Hi dmwoolard,

If the print app is still on your printer's account:

1. Go to ePrintCenter.com.
  2. Click on the App.
  3. On the app page, click on settings.
  4. By the save button, you should see a blue hyperlink that reads 'Cancel Scheduled Delivery.'

If the print app is not on your printer's account:

1. Add the app to the printer.
  2. Follow steps 2-4 above.

Post again with your results please.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Student
allyson
Message 3 of 37 (9,266 Views)

Re: .How do I stop The Daily Manager from printing on my printer every day besides returning the pri

What do you mean if the print app is still on my printer's account? Do you mean find the eprintcenter within my printer's menu? Or do you mean log on to eprintcenter.com?

Grad Student
ashu_b
Message 4 of 37 (9,264 Views)

Hi allyson,

You will need to login to eprintcenter.com from your PC and follow the steps mentioned by Cole_M.

I work for HP.
Honor Student
deb-md
Message 5 of 37 (9,184 Views)

I also have this problem and have tried the solutions above.  When I tried to fix it via the printer and click on manager tools, then it says my printer is unable to access the internet -- despite the fact that I just received this very irritating, unsignedup for daily manager just prior to my attempt.

I then try to log on to the eprint center website and it does not recognize any of my email addresses, and I don't remember signing up for an account here  in the first place.  And, there seems to be no place to sign up for a new account so I can stop the problem.

I then tried "help" to solve the above problems, and all that came up was marketing for a new hp product. -- exactly what I don't want to see.

I've loved this printer unti now but this makes me think my next printer will NOT be an HP!  For a organization where they promote a printer that is supposed to be more enviro-friendly and this was supposedly a way to save ink/money, this newsletter does exactly the opposite.

Any idea what to do? Thanks!

Teacher
JamieCorv
Message 6 of 37 (9,165 Views)

[ Edited ]

To unsubscribe, try the methods below.

If any method works, do not continue to the next.

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect, so the subscriber may receive one more issue before it stops..

…………………….

I. Front panel unsubscribe

1. On the front panel of the printer, press Apps and scroll through until you find Manager Tools.
  2. Select Manager Tools. (If you get a connection error, try several times. If it persists, go to solution II, Cancel scheduled delivery at eprintcenter.com below.)
  3. Choose Pause subscription.

This will pause the subscription until a user selects it again and Resumes printing.

(If this works, you do not need to go further. Note that you may receive one more printout before it stops.)

II. Cancel scheduled delivery at eprintcenter.com (if you are signed up there)

If you are not signed up at www.eprintcenter.com, go to solution III below.

Follow these steps to cancel the scheduled delivery of an App:

1. After signing in at www.ePrintCenter.com, click on Printers at the top left of the page.
  2. Find the App under My Print Apps.
  3. Click on Setup (below the App).
  4. Click on Update settings.
  5. Click on Cancel scheduled delivery (in blue) near the bottom of the page.

IMPORTANT: It may take up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect, so the subscriber may receive one more issue before it stops.

III. Disable and re-enable web services from printer

IMPORTANT: The following solution will restore your printer to its default apps. All scheduled print apps and jobs will be lost. If you registered on the ePrintCenter, disabling and re-enabling web services will make it so your printer is no longer registered on ePrintCenter.

You do, however, still have your ePrintCenter account. Instructions are below to add your printer back to ePrintCenter. You can also cancel the Scheduled Delivery on ePrintCenter.com instead.

1. Ensure that the printer has wireless connectivity. (Blue light is on and not flashing.)

2. Disable and re-enable Web Services.

Officejet 6500A, 7500A, 8500A:

a. On the front panel, arrow to the right to the Setup icon and select.

b. Select Web Services Setup.

c. Scroll down to Restore Factory Settings and press Yes, then OK.

d. Select the Apps icon and follow the prompts to Enable Web Services.

○  After disable and re-enable of Web Services all Scheduled Deliverys are removed. If you wish to then create an ePrintCenter account and manage print apps then continue below.

Officejet 8600A:

a. On the front panel main screen, go to the “page with blue circles” (upper left corner) icon and select.

b. Web Services Summary opens. Bottom left: touch Settings.

c. Scroll down to bottom. Remove Web Services.  Yes.

d. Select the Apps icon and follow the prompts to Enable Web Services.

○  After disable and re-enable of Web Services all Scheduled Deliverys are removed. If you wish to then create an ePrintCenter account and manage print apps then continue below.

IMPORTANT: It may take up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect, so the subscriber may receive one more issue before it stops.

3. The printer should connect and print your Get Started… page with your printer code and instructions to register the printer at the ePrintCenter if you so desire. 

To add your printer back to ePrintCenter:

1. Sign in to ePrintCenter, using the email account you registered with and the password you created. (If you are not yet signed up, you will need to do that first. Click on “Sign In” and look for the “Sign up”.)

2. In the upper left area of the screen, look for "+ Add Printer".

3. Click on that and add your printer using the code that printed out when you re-enabled web services. (If you need a new printer code, you can make it print out the Welcome page using the menu options on the printer.)

I work on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
deb-md
Message 7 of 37 (9,119 Views)

Thanks!  This worked.

I did have to use the "disable/re-enable web services" option for my Officejet 6500A.  This printed out a code that enabled me to establish an account.  To be safe, I then used this to delete the problematic app from my printer options.

779 Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 8 of 37 (8,869 Views)

Please unsubscribe to The Daily Manager; not to be printed on my computer.  Thank you.

Teacher
JamieCorv
Message 9 of 37 (8,866 Views)

There is no one on the Forum that can unsubscribe you.

It must be done by you on your printer or at eprintcenter.com, per the directions in the prior reply to this original post.

You can also email or call (me) via the information printed at the bottom of The Daily Manager. (Leave your name & phone and I will return your call.)

I work on behalf of HP.
Student
roland442
Message 10 of 37 (7,577 Views)

Why do I need to go to a discussion board? It's yout HP problem!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation