How do I turn off ePrint and will that solve my problem (5732 Views)
Honor Student
SoftwareBreaker
Message 1 of 3 (5,732 Views)

How do I turn off ePrint and will that solve my problem

I have an HP Officejet 6500A and run WIn 7 on my tower and laptop.  Since installing ePrint effectively I am now getting an unwanted newsletter called the Daily Manager from www.managertools.com.  I can print wirelessly from my PC tower but can no longer print wirelessly from my laptop.  How do I turn off ePrint, and will doing so allow me to print from my laptop again?

Master's Graduate
PrintApper
Message 2 of 3 (5,722 Views)

Re: How do I turn off ePrint and will that solve my problem

SoftwareBreaker wrote:

I have an HP Officejet 6500A and run WIn 7 on my tower and laptop.  Since installing ePrint effectively I am now getting an unwanted newsletter called the Daily Manager from www.managertools.com.  I can print wirelessly from my PC tower but can no longer print wirelessly from my laptop.  How do I turn off ePrint, and will doing so allow me to print from my laptop again?

Web services (aka ePrint) does not interact w/basic wireless connectivity to your printer from your laptop or PC for printing, so turning ePrint on or off will not affect your wireless printing.  For help on wireless printing, your best bet is to post a question in this forum: 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/bd-p/Networking

Regarding the newsletter, if it is arriving via ePrint, you can stop it by setting an allowed user list on your ePrintCenter account.  This blocks all emails sent to your printer except from those email addresses you want to allow.  

Set up an account on ePC and add your printer using this info:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/Add-your-printer-to-your-ePC-account-Print-Web...

Then, on the ePC

1. Select the ePrint Settings option. 

2. Select the Allowed Senders Only option

3. Enter the email addresses you want to allow to print to your printer.  

If you do that then only emails from senders you allow will be able to print to your printer. 

Let us know if that helps.  

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Teacher
JamieCorv
Message 3 of 3 (5,719 Views)

Re: How do I turn off ePrint and will that solve my problem

The Daily Manager is the publication for the Manager Tools app, to which your printer has become subscribed. (It is NOT sent by email to your printer.)

To unsubscribe, you can use procedures provided here: www.hp.com/go/manageprint

You can also call the toll free number shown at the very bottom of The Daily Manager or send an email to the address given there and I will help you to unsubscribe.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation