Question

Honor Student
JonDeaux
Message 1 of 10 (360 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do you control the position and size of images, i.e,. photo to the printer?

HP Officejet 8600

Windows XP

I am trying to figure out how to control the positon and size of photos or pics that are included in an email that I send to my printer via HP ePrint.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 10 (325 Views)

Re: How do you control the position and size of images, i.e,. photo to the printer?

What file types are you sending? Are you sending embedded images?   ePrint prints out what is sent as is.  All editing would need to done through the program prior to sending to the printer. You can have  control if you position the embedded  images in a Microsoft Word document prior to sending it to the printer's email address. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
JonDeaux
Message 3 of 10 (318 Views)

Re: How do you control the position and size of images, i.e,. photo to the printer?

I am sending emails received on my iPhone with .jpeg images attached to my HP Officejet 8600 printer.  The text of the email prints ok.  The problem I have is trying to control where and how the .jpeg image is printed.  The .jpeg image is being printed usually on a second page at the very edge of the printout.

It sounds like you are telling me I need to copy and paste the email and the .jpeg image to a Word document and manipulate the position and size of the .jpeg in the Word document first and then send it to my printer via HP ePrint?  I am not sure if I can or know how to do that on my iPhone.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 4 of 10 (306 Views)

Hello. The process I mentioned about using Word was for if  one was sending emails to the printer from a computer. If you are just forwarding emails from the iPhone to the printer there is no option to control the postion of the jpg print out. That is not something that can be manipulated at this time on ePrint.  The Attachment will print on a separate page. The body of the email will print separately from the attachments. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
JonDeaux
Message 5 of 10 (304 Views)

Thank you for the explanation. The .jpeg image is printing out on a second page, usually in one corner of the left side of the page and no margins between the image and the edge of the paper.  Would be nice if someone could figure out how to maniupulate the images sent from an iPhone or smartphone.

Intern
Old_Salt
Message 6 of 10 (255 Views)

Last post in this thread was in October of 2012 - it's now May of 2013. I would like some way to tell the printer that I'm using 4X6 photo paper, for remote picture printing. If I'm going on a trip, I could load the printer with the 4X6 paper, and whenever I e-printed a photo, the printer would know it's the proper paper. Obviosly, text documents would be out of the question. The TV ads showed remote printing of photos on photo paper, and that's all I would like to do.

Intern
Old_Salt
Message 7 of 10 (224 Views)

Well, I tried loading 4X6 photo paper, and printing wirelessly from my i-phone. The printer correctly determined that the paper was 4X6, and moved the photo to the center and sized it for that page. So that  works. Now - does it also do this for e-print? Maybe I'll try this later, unless someone else does first.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 8 of 10 (220 Views)

Hey Old_Salt,

What model HP printer do you have?

ePrint is a very simple system when it comes to printing, because it doesn't provide as many controls as one may be used to with a computer.  Many of the photosmart printers are designed to recognize a photo in ePrint and print the image to the proper photo paper.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Intern
Old_Salt
Message 9 of 10 (192 Views)

Mine is the HP 8600 Pro+.  If it auto-detects the paper size as you say, like it does for local wireless printing, I can see where two paper trays would come in handy. Then (maybe) the sender could select the proper paper tray remotely. Wouldn't that be something! Oh well . . . I only have the one tray, anyway.

Intern
Old_Salt
Message 10 of 10 (138 Views)

The e-print expects ONLY 8.5 inch wide paper. Bummer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation