Question

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 1 of 5 (411 Views)

How to Print with an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch

If you have an ePrint enabled printer, you can use..

HP_ePrint_control_panel_logo    Apple_AirPrint_logo_white    ePrint mobile app

• ePrint
  • AirPrint
  • ePrint mobile app

If you have a non ePrint enabled printer, you can use

ePrint mobile app    Google_Cloud_Print_logo

• ePrint mobile app
  • Google Cloud Print

Check out the link below for further details

http://www8.hp.com/ie/en/support-topics/mobile-printing/how-to-print-mobile-devices-ipad-iphone.html

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
Marvcohen2002
Message 2 of 5 (334 Views)

Re: How to Print with an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch

Thank you, Clara, for the reply.  However, none of the links provided, plus others I tried on the HP website, explicitly tell me whether or not I can do ePrint with the HP 6310xi All-in-One Printer, or what I need to attach (e.g., a wireless router) to make it operate wireless lyfrom my home network, or clients' business networks.  This applies to attempting to print from my PC or iPad Air to the 6310xi.  I downloaded the HP printer app onto the iPad Air, but it does not work nor does the iCloud feature work!  The 6310xi is less than 3 years old.

Do you have a definitive solution/answer?  What is at stake is a lot of potential printer sales for my clients, as well as myself, but we would most prefer to be able to use exisitng HP printers wirelessly.   If the existing HP printers cannot be simply converted, we will go to another brand, excluding also Xerox (due to their failure to properly support their printers altogether).

Thank you for your help!

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 5 (330 Views)

Have you tried the ePrint mobile app?

Is it the Officejet 6310 you have? Have you checked the printer support section in the link below?....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02814760

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
Marvcohen2002
Message 4 of 5 (327 Views)

Hi Clara - the link you provide just leads me back to the same page with links to the HP website that are useless.  Yes, I have repeatedly stated that I have the Hewlett-Packard Model 6310xi All-in-One Printer, which is less than 3 years old.  Again, for the 4th time, I am looking for the explcit precise answers to the following questions:

1)  What do I need to do to enable the HP 6310xi to print wirlessly from my home or work wireless networks?  Will connecting a router to the Ethernet port enable wireless printing, for example?  Or, is there some other solution?  If so, exactly what is it?

2)  I downloaded the HP Cloud printing app for the iPad Air from the Apple Apps store.  The idea is to try to print from the iPad Air to the HP 6310xi via a USB port, for example, eventually wirelessly if at all possible (see #1 above).  However, the app does not work at all.  The Apple people say it is supposed to work, but have no solutions, probably due to lack of technical expertise.

If the HP 6310xi cannot be converted for wireless use, I will not buy another HP printer, nor will my clients.  HP support seems to be as bad as Xerox.

Do you have th exact, precise solutions, without again referring me back to same usless links to the HP website????

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 5 of 5 (292 Views)

Hi there, I'll try my best to answer your questions:

Marvcohen2002 wrote:

1)  What do I need to do to enable the HP 6310xi to print wirlessly from my home or work wireless networks?  Will connecting a router to the Ethernet port enable wireless printing, for example?  Or, is there some other solution?  If so, exactly what is it?

If you have the printer already setup as a USB connection, remove the USB cable at this point and uninstall the printer software from the computer. Connect the printer to your wireless router with an ethernet cable and reinstall the software for the appropriate operating system from the driver download page . During the reinstallation be sure to select Through the network as the connection type when prompted. If you want to print from multiple computers on your network you'll need to install the driver selecting Through the network  on each of them. While the printer does not have wireless capability built in, setting up the printer this way will enable you to print from wireless enabled computers on the same network as the printer. Page 29 of the printer's user guide provides detailed instructions for setting up the printer as a network device.

2)  I downloaded the HP Cloud printing app for the iPad Air from the Apple Apps store.  The idea is to try to print from the iPad Air to the HP 6310xi via a USB port, for example, eventually wirelessly if at all possible (see #1 above).  However, the app does not work at all.  The Apple people say it is supposed to work, but have no solutions, probably due to lack of technical expertise.

You cannot print from a mobile device (smartphone, tablet) to the printer via a USB port. To print from a mobile device you will need a WiFi capable printer. If you want to be able to print remotely from a mobile device to a printer i.e. when the device and printer are not connected to the same WiFi network, you will need a web enabled wireless printer. This link is to the current range of HP wireless printers, the majority of which are also web enabled (the ePrint logo will indicate this).

Hope this information is useful to you.

Best

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation