Question

Master's Graduate
Miles
Message 1 of 6 (4,075 Views)

How to print with Android v4.4 KitKat

Hello everyone,

Are you interested in being able to easily print from an Andorid v4.4 (KitKat) mobile device to an HP wireless printer? If so, then follow the link below and check out the short YouTube video. 

http://youtu.be/UR9oCKVs_zs

Miles
HP Employee
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 6 (3,584 Views)

Re: How to print with Android v4.4 KitKat

Thanks for the link @Miles 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
crystal_ms
Message 3 of 6 (1,463 Views)

So this only works this easily if you have connected it to the internet? The only service I have is on my cell. I was under the impression that you could just plug the printer in and print? I have a deskjet 2543.
Top Student
invent-id
Message 4 of 6 (664 Views)

The printer needs to be connected to either a wired or a wireless network, and then the phone or tablet needs to be connected to that same network.  If the printer is USB connected, it will not work.  I hope this helps!

Your DeskJet 2543 All-in-one has wireless.  So, just make sure that it is connected to the same wireless that you connect your phone to.

Student
Suzys_Plants
Message 5 of 6 (536 Views)

I was talked into a Samsung pro tablet for my business instead of a lap top. Then talked into the Laser jet pro 200 wireless printer. I can find nothing on why when I create a sign for a display it prints out in a PDF Form sometimes not even giving me a space. I am getting very frustrated with the printer. Haven't been impressed even though others have said great things about it! I would greatly appreciate any advice on this matter.
Top Student
invent-id
Message 6 of 6 (472 Views)

I'd like to help, but can you provide a little more details on this?  What app on the tablet are you trying to print from, and what is the problem with the output?  Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "prints out in a PDF Form".

Typical disclaimer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation