Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

Are you interested in being able to easily print from an Andorid v4.4 (KitKat) mobile device to an HP wireless printer? If so, then follow the link below and check out the short YouTube video. 

http://youtu.be/UR9oCKVs_zs

Miles
HP Employee
27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Thanks for the link @Miles 

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
So this only works this easily if you have connected it to the internet? The only service I have is on my cell. I was under the impression that you could just plug the printer in and print? I have a deskjet 2543.
HP Recommended

The printer needs to be connected to either a wired or a wireless network, and then the phone or tablet needs to be connected to that same network.  If the printer is USB connected, it will not work.  I hope this helps!

Your DeskJet 2543 All-in-one has wireless.  So, just make sure that it is connected to the same wireless that you connect your phone to.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended
I was talked into a Samsung pro tablet for my business instead of a lap top. Then talked into the Laser jet pro 200 wireless printer. I can find nothing on why when I create a sign for a display it prints out in a PDF Form sometimes not even giving me a space. I am getting very frustrated with the printer. Haven't been impressed even though others have said great things about it! I would greatly appreciate any advice on this matter.
HP Recommended

I'd like to help, but can you provide a little more details on this?  What app on the tablet are you trying to print from, and what is the problem with the output?  Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "prints out in a PDF Form".

Typical disclaimer

HP Recommended

I didn't mean PDF Form, it prints only in tech form, no matter the print that is on my screen. Samsung preloaded hancom office. Still frustrated with both products and was told by Verizon office that they were compatible. $1400 later, not impressed was verizon either.

HP Recommended

Hi, It is also possible to print via the HPePrint App which is available from playstore. Personally speaking I find this app very good and have have very few problems using multiple printers and devices. Could you try the app and see if it helps solve your problem? 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" on the left in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Hi crystal_ms,

I believe that your printer may have wireless direct which means you can print directly between your phone and printer without being connected to the internet on either. You will need to turn on wireless direct on your printer control panel and then search for your printer on your phone as if you are searching to pick up Wi-Fi somewhere.

Here is a link to the instruction manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03847745.pdf Page 53 probably explains this better than I can

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" on the left in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm trying to link an experia Z with 4.4 and print service plug-in to HP laserjet P1102W over wireless homegroup network. The printer is recognised and selected by the plug-in but when the print screen appears the top field changes from PDF to HP Laserjet Proffessional then all other fields grey out leaving me with only 'save as PDF' as an option. From my PC I have confirmed that the printer is shared on the homegroup. Any suggestions please?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.