Question

Student
Sherellyn
Message 1 of 3 (2,973 Views)

How to print with black ink only from iPad

Hi, My OJ 6500a plus is configured (through settings on my PC) to print using black ink only. To my consternation, I cannot get my iPad to do the same since it does not utilize the printer/driver settings. Is there a way to bypass the PC and set that preference directly on the printer itself? If not, any thoughts about a different way to accomplish the same result? I hate wasting colored ink to print online shopping receipts and travel documents, etc. Thanks.
Grad Student
PanteraMoon
Message 2 of 3 (2,958 Views)

Re: How to print with black ink only from iPad

Hi Sherellyn,

The only way to do this would be to use the HP ePrint Home & Biz App which is a free download from the App Store.  After you have installed it, open the app, select Web Browser and navigate to the page you wish to print.  You can then specify color, black only or grayscale.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided.

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Honor Student
FLBob
Message 3 of 3 (1,786 Views)

Re: How to print with black ink only from iPad

The only IOS app I could find was HP ePRINT. No Home & Biz. I downloaded the one I found and there was no option for Blake or Greyscale. Am I missing something?
Thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation