08-01-2014 12:07 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I see that you are unable to use the scan to email feature of your Officejet 6600 printer because you are getting an unable to connect message.
There are several steps I would like you to try please.
- Please turn off your printer.
- Please turn off your router. If your router doesn’t have an on/off switch, please unplug the power cord from the router.
- After waiting a full 60 seconds please turn on your router (or plug it back in).
- After the router has completed its startup routine please turn on your printer.
- After the printer has completed its startup routine, please test the scan to email feature. If it works there no need to continue with any further trouble shooting steps.
- Please set a manual IP address and manual DNS servers for the printer. I have included a link to another post with the steps, including screen shots on how to do this. Don’t worry that the screen shots show a Officejet 8600 printer, the steps are the same.
- Please test the scan to email feature. If it works there is no need to continue with any further trouble shooting steps.
- Please call HP’s Cloud Services at 1-855-785-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region. If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.
Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
I work on behalf of HP