Question

Honor Student
mld2830
Message 1 of 8 (4,404 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to setup an Exchange Email account in HP ePrint on iPad

I have been able to setup a Yahoo, Gmail and internet provider email accounts in HP ePrint, but I can not get connected to my offices exchange email.  I am able to connect to it using the iPAD email setup, but I can not get it to connect in HP ePrint. 

I notice that the iPAD email and a selection for Exchange but the HP ePrint does not.  I think the main problem is that there is no place for me to type in the user name.

Can someone please help.

Thanks

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 8 (4,374 Views)

Re: How to setup an Exchange Email account in HP ePrint on iPad

Are you trying to send this through an exchange server on a domain?  If that is the case, it would fail the print jobs sent to the printer as spam b/c that would be more than one recipient to the printer and the only address that can be listed when emailing print jobs to the printer is that address of the printer. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
mld2830
Message 3 of 8 (4,370 Views)

I am trying to create an email retrieval like you can for GMail, Yahoo and Hotmail in the HP ePrint app on the iPAD. When I type in the email address, domain and other information and try to connect to the account it will not connect.

Is the HP ePrint App on iPAD not able to connect to Exchange servers? 

Thanks

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 4 of 8 (4,368 Views)

[ Edited ]

Like trying to set it up IMAP/ POP3?  Because as of today getting a digital copy of each email sent to the printer is not a feature of ePrint. The only copy available will be the one that prints out on the printer.

Honor Student
mld2830
Message 5 of 8 (4,357 Views)

Yes, using IMAP or POP.  I checked my server and Exchange is set to receive either type but the program does not log in.  I think it has to do with the software not allowing me to type in a user name.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 6 of 8 (4,353 Views)

Unfortunately, as of today, getting a digital copy of each email sent to the printer is not a feature of ePrint at this time. The only copy of the email sent to the printer available will be the one that prints out on the printer. As a security measure the original email that is sent to the printer from ePrint is not saved or stored and is deleted. 

Student
Doepierre8
Message 7 of 8 (2,990 Views)

The solution listed to this question didn't seem to answer it, and I have the same (and other) issues.

When I try to add my Outlook Exchange email account -- email address, description, password, hostname -- using the port pre-populated, and then selecting SSL "on," the ePrint app tries to verify for several seconds and then comes back with a popup "Verification Error. We found an error. Would you like to try again?" I don't know what the error is. It is my correct password, correct email address, correct server listed (that's what I put in the Hostname area, just as it's listed in my main iPhone account, and my iPhone correctly accesses the email with that.) Why is it not connecting to my Outlook account? The Gmail and Yahoo accounts worked quickly and easily the first time.

Also, in the main HP ePrint window, the options from which to print appear to be Photos, Cloud, Web, and Email. I don't see a way to print from the Notes app in iPhone, though the Notes have a way to print with an airport printer option, which I thought this app helped work around? (I don't have an airport printer.)

And in the Cloud option, there is box, Dropbox, Evernote, and Google drive, but I don't see an iCloud option.

I want to print from my work Outlook email and my Notes the most frequently. How can I enable these to print?

Thank you.

Honor Student
PaulBrackell
Message 8 of 8 (718 Views)

I hacew exactly the same issue. I had my IT department verify my settings and I use them for iphone and ipad but they do not work with eprint. The exchange server wizard fron HP just says "cannot verify" - what is wrong
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation