Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello HP Forum:

Every 3 minutes or so, I see a pop-up box telling me I have genuine HP printer cartridges installed.  

Since I purchased them myself, I don't need the App to tell me so! 

Please help me shut this annoying reminder off.

Thank you.

Best,

Anne 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again, Forum,

I tried this - under Settings in the Message Center in the HP Printer Utility, I turned off Display HP Alerts.  

Please tell me if this is NOT the way to stop these auto-pop-up notices. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello again, Forum,

I tried this - under Settings in the Message Center in the HP Printer Utility, I turned off Display HP Alerts.  

Please tell me if this is NOT the way to stop these auto-pop-up notices. 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Sorry that you having this pop up alert problem. You can start by performing a hard reset on the printer. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer. Leave it out for 30 seconds and plug it back in. 

You can also reboot your computer. 

"Click the WHITE START if you would like to say THANKS"

Let me know if this helps. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Hello Rudy1906 at HP, 

Thanks for responding.  As it turns out, the solution that I outlined in my original post has so far worked for me.  

If the problem with the pop-ups recurs, I will follow your suggestion. 

Thanks again.

Best,

Anne

HP Recommended

No problem. If you run into anymore problems or have any questions, feel free to ask. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Hi TrueNorthStrong

I'm having the same issue on my C6380, run win8.1 64bit. Can't believe this hasn't been fixed or is now reappearing more than a year after this issue was reported. Really disappointed in HP. Why set up a forum if you don't act upon the issues reported?

E.

HP Recommended

Sorry Rudy, but your advice is not helpful.   Advising people to reboot everything is hackneyed advice unless it comes with something else that is substantive.  But simply posting to tell users to reboot everything only serves to cluitter the forum.

HP Recommended

Where do I find the messaging center to turn off HP alerts to stop the frequent pop ups about ink.

HP Recommended

I have found a solution that works.    Throw the HP Printer in the garbage and buy anything but HP products.   HP is definitely loosing it when he makes their customers printers disfunctional with marketing trash pop-ups.  

HP Recommended

re: TrueNorthStrong, it worked for me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.