HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-01-2012 05:03 PM
I have a brand new black print cartridge but it will not print black. other colors are ok. I have a HP 410 photosmart premium printer. It has worked for a year no problem. Im on a router wireless hook up but the printer responds but does not print my letter in black...it comes out blank unless there is another color invloved on the screen ....ex windows vista logo
05-03-2012 11:20 AM
rowdywestie; I hope you are doing well and welcome to the forum;
Base on what I understood your issue to be is that it will not print on black, that at no circustance is printing black.
1st step I will take is to verify that the print head is not clogged and is not allowing the ink to
Follow this steps to clean the printhead to see if that is the issue.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product, if it is not already on.
- Raise the cartridge access door until it locks into place.The carriage moves to the center of the product. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.Figure 1: Raise the cartridge access door
- To release an old cartridge, press in the tab on the front of the cartridge, and then pull upwards to remove it from the slot.Figure 2: Remove the cartridges
- Repeat the previous step to remove each cartridge.
- Lift the latch handle on the carriage until it stops.Figure 3: Life the latch handle
- Lift the printhead to remove it from the carriage.Figure 4: Remove the printhead
Reinstall the cartridges and see if this fixes the issue if the issue continues, and you are Using Win XP or later which base on your mention of the Win Vista Logo you aer run this uitility and let me know if it shows any errors. GO HERE. and let me know if I can assist you further
Hope this helps;