I have an hp photosmart 7520? Do I have to pay efax to fax documents? Can I use my landline? (4690 Views)
Top Student
jzev2012
Message 1 of 14 (4,690 Views)

I have an hp photosmart 7520? Do I have to pay efax to fax documents? Can I use my landline?

How do I go about receiving the 20 faxes a month? I went to efax.com and always asks for credit card infromation. Not too happy about getting this HP 7520 when I have to pay for fax!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 14 (4,672 Views)

Re: I have an hp photosmart 7520? Do I have to pay efax to fax documents? Can I use my landline?

Hi,

Very hard to say because depending on where do you live. In many countries, you have to pay to be able to use eFax.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
jzev2012
Message 3 of 14 (4,671 Views)

Re: I have an hp photosmart 7520? Do I have to pay efax to fax documents? Can I use my landline?

I live in the U.S.A. I went to eFax.com to setup the phone # so I can get the 20 free faxes every month but it always asks for credit card information. It automatically sets up a billing plan for you, which I don't want to do. I just wanna use the fax from my home and shouldn't pay for fax. I already pay for the phone service. I didn't know I was going to have this problem, otherwise I wouldn't have bought this printer. Salesperson never mentioned about paying for eFax. It's frustrating. I hope you can help. Thank you.

jzev2012 

HP Support Agent
Jon-W
Message 4 of 14 (4,659 Views)

The photosmart 7520 is not an efax capable printer. The 7520 does however have a hardline fax built in to it, which is free so long as you have a phone line.

The 7510 did support efax, and all set up was done on the printer itself, which gave you an HP account rather than the normal efax account. This is what gave you 20 free faxes.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
rkbaird
Message 5 of 14 (4,415 Views)

Is there a free app for efax with the purchase of hp photosmart 7520?  I know there is one for the 6520.

HP Support Agent
Jon-W
Message 6 of 14 (4,411 Views)

There is not an app for the 7520 at this time, the 6520 series was a special participating model for that feature. There is however always the option of a paid efax account which can be set to send faxes to the 7520s email address, and you can then use efax.com or email to send faxes.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Tutor
rkbaird
Message 7 of 14 (4,403 Views)

Thank you. Do you know if the efax option that is with the 6520 is easy to setup and if it is secure?
Tutor
rkbaird
Message 8 of 14 (4,401 Views)

If there is not a local fax number in your area with efax, do you know if we have to pay extra to use efax if we have the efax app with our 6520 printer?
HP Support Agent
Jon-W
Message 9 of 14 (4,398 Views)

The implementation of efax on the 6520 is actually very easy to use, and just as secure as the other method. For sending highly secure documents like certain medical documents, efax may not be accepted, but for almost any user it is more than secure enough.

All sending with he 6520 is done through the website at efax.com, or through email, the same way it would work with ap aid efax account. The only difference is you have a limitation of the 20 pages in and out each month.

As far as having a non local number you will not be charged anything as it is all sent via efax servers, however if someone is sending you a fax and your number is long distance for them, they may incur long distance fees.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Tutor
rkbaird
Message 10 of 14 (4,391 Views)

Do you think efax is easier than the standard fax through a phone line. Is the document actually sent to a fax number or is it sent to an email? I am trying to figure out what the advantage is, other than needing a phone jack and phone line for the standard type. If you have several pages to scan through efax, can they be set as one PDF file or do each of the scanned pages go in as separate PDF documents.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation