Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have spent HOURS attempting to fix my printer's inability to send faxes.  I had purchased a new non-HP laptop a month ago and thought this new item had caused the problem.  I finally discovered that this problem is not just limited to me via this forum .  What really aggravates me, aside from the fact that I cannot use my printer for the primary reason I purchased it, is that HP made no attempt to contact me (or apparently  other owners) regarding this problem.  My printer is registered with HP,  I get emails EVERY DAY from HP trying to sell me their products, but not one alert about this problem.  This would have saved me countless time from attempting to fix something that was not my fault.  Furthermore, I changed my home phone service from landline to wireless home service based on the fact that I had EFAX.  You see, wireless home service is unable to be used for faxing.  I decided to go with wireless because I had EFAX...or so I thought I did.   As I have a two-year contract for wireless home service I am truly stuck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @aesimon ,

Welcome to the HP forums.

I am sorry to hear about the eFax feature on your printer and the lack of communication.

I would call HP's Cloud Services department.

They may have an option to keep you faxing until this issue is properly resolved.

Please call our Cloud Services at 855-785-2777.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Hours:

Mon-Fri. 8am - 11pm, Sat. 9am-8pm - EST
Mon-Fri. 7am - 10pm, Sat. 8am-7pm - CST
Mon-Fri. 6am - 9pm, Sat. 7am-6pm - MST
Mon-Fri. 5am - 8pm, Sat. 6am-5pm - PST

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @aesimon ,

Welcome to the HP forums.

I am sorry to hear about the eFax feature on your printer and the lack of communication.

I would call HP's Cloud Services department.

They may have an option to keep you faxing until this issue is properly resolved.

Please call our Cloud Services at 855-785-2777.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Hours:

Mon-Fri. 8am - 11pm, Sat. 9am-8pm - EST
Mon-Fri. 7am - 10pm, Sat. 8am-7pm - CST
Mon-Fri. 6am - 9pm, Sat. 7am-6pm - MST
Mon-Fri. 5am - 8pm, Sat. 6am-5pm - PST

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Dear Aardvark1 - Thank you for your help.  I contacted Cloud Services at the number you provided me and "Jim" was very professional and helpful.   He will be contacting Efax with my information in order to reinstate my ability to send faxes...without the monthly fee.   I understand it will take Efax a week or so to get me up and running.  My fingers are crossed that I will, once again, be able to fax from my HP Envy 110 all-in-one.

HP Recommended

I agree with you.  We purchased the HP6520 all in one with the understanding we would be able to fax.  We have a small business and really wanted this feature.  Nowhere on the box did it say you won't be able to fax if you only have wifi.  Nor did it say this in the instructions.  I have spent countless hours trying to set up my so called free efax account proudly touted by HP.  I have always purchased HP printers but am extremely disapointed with the advertising gimmick with offering free efax capability.  SHAME on HP advertising dept.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.