Question

Student
csf97
Message 1 of 5 (846 Views)

Is there any way to print a photo from my iphone on plain paper on my photosmart plus printer?

Whenever I try to use Airprint to print a photo from my iPhone to my Photosmart Plus printer, it tries to print it on photo paper from the photo paper tray.

I want it to print on the plain paper in the regular tray.

I read online where this is possible with the iPrint app - but when I went to the App Store, there is no iPrint App.  I found a sticky post here saying that it has been removed from the App Store in anticipation of a new ePrint Home & Business version that won't be available everywhere until September.

So, in the meantime, is there anyway to change the location of where the photos from the iPhone print?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Honor Student
pgauthi
Message 2 of 5 (845 Views)

Re: Is there any way to print a photo from my iphone on plain paper on my photosmart plus printer?

Same problem.  Tried changing settings on printer to "always use main tray" still trys to use photo.  Very frustrating.

Professor
Picardje
Message 3 of 5 (834 Views)

Re: Is there any way to print a photo from my iphone on plain paper on my photosmart plus printer?

HI

Most likely their is not, as printing pictures is standard set to photopaper as you most likely need good quality. Pictures on normal paper are not considered good quaity and thus not set as standard.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Honor Student
pgauthi
Message 4 of 5 (813 Views)

Actually you can load photo paper into standard tray.  Our questions are around being forced to use the photo tray, which among other issues forces you to a max size of 5 x 7. 

Professor
Picardje
Message 5 of 5 (812 Views)

Hi

That would be a workaround, but that will give the same issues as standard its set to print from the picture tray and as far as i know i cant be changed

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation