Question

Student
BMagny
Message 1 of 3 (1,164 Views)

LaserJet 500 color MFP M575 ePrint

I have enable ePrint on my new HP LaserJet 500 color MFP M575 when I first got it. A lot of changes to the configuration has now been done and ePrint does not work anymore.

I tried to reset it, disabling and re-enabling HP Web Services on the embedded web server, but the tab for "HP Web Services" does not ever come back even after a reboot. I also disabled the Web Services, rebooted and re-enable them and rebooted again, that also did not bring back the "HP Web Services" tab.

Because the tab never comes back I can't get the new code for the printer.

I have the only firmware available for that printer, the one dated the 12th of April 2012.

I really don't know what to do now.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 3 (1,135 Views)

Re: LaserJet 500 color MFP M575 ePrint

Hello BMagny,

It sounds like you may need to preform a semi-full reset on the printer.  I cannot give you instructions on how to do this over the forums, instead you will need to contact tech support directly.  You can find the number here.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
StumpedbyHP
Message 3 of 3 (1,040 Views)

Re: LaserJet 500 color MFP M575 ePrint

I bought a $3,000 HP color laserjet 500/575 MFP and they told me the EW2500 Jetdirect would be "easy to set up".   It is absolutely impossible to connect the Jetdirect to my wireless LAN that uses WPA2-personal security.  I have over a dozen devices on my WLAN and I am a networking professional and have been at this for 12 hours in three sessions and I have read every post out there.  I checked all of the HP boards and forums and there are dozens of identical user complaints and not a single solution to any of the threads - shame on you HP!!! I also spent 2 hours on ah HP chat session with an extremely unhelpful HP employee who did not know how to fix it and ran me around in circles with long delays between responses until he finally told me to reset both devices and try again - which I did to no avail.  These products are absolutely broken and HP should be avoided at all expense.  I am taking both products back to HP on Monday. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation