Question

Honor Student
Dinz0817
Message 1 of 3 (397 Views)

Laserjet Pro 400 M401n: Selecting default print tray

I have been using our Laserjet 400 Pro M401n since it was installed more than a year ago. Until very recently, it worked like a champ. Within the last two weeks or so, the default printer has changed from the tray at the bottom of the printer to the manual feed tray on the front of the cabinet. I don't know how this change occurred and would like to change it back. Can someone please direct me with the correct steps to revert to the main paper supply? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 2 of 3 (374 Views)

Re: Laserjet Pro 400 M401n: Selecting default print tray

Hi Dinz0817,

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since this is a commercial product. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 3 of 3 (360 Views)

Re: Laserjet Pro 400 M401n: Selecting default print tray

@Dinz0817 

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the hp.com forums. There are a couple of things you can check to resolve your issue.

1. Make sure tray 1 (manual feed tray) is not open. If this is open, the printer will always default to pulling paper from this tray.

2. Check your printer driver settings and see if something was change there. Go to printer preferences > Paper/Quality tab > paper source > what is this set to?

Here is the screenshot from mine (set to automatic) - you can change the settings by pulling down the menu under paper source. Change to the appropriate setting

paperqualitytab.JPG

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation