Question

Top Student
pebleb
Message 1 of 5 (204 Views)

Ligatures in PDFs through ePrint

When printing pdf files through ePrint, ligatures (such as the fi combo) print as squares.

Can anything be done about this?

Top Student
pebleb
Message 2 of 5 (168 Views)

Re: Ligatures in PDFs through ePrint

So do other people not exerience this problem? Is there something wrong with the PDF files themselves?

The reason why I doubt the problem is in the PDF files is that the same files prints correctly if I print them with the Adobe software directly to the printer. Only sending the PDFs through ePrint produces the little squares in place of the ligatures.

Teacher
MauriceMoss
Message 3 of 5 (156 Views)

Hello pebleb,

I understand that you are attempting to print off ligatures in your prints via an attached PDF.

Can you describe the steps you use when trying to print these PDFs through ePrint? This will assist me in trying to understand your problem and getting a resolution for you.

M. Moss
-----------------------------
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
If my reply solves your issue, please mark it as solved to help fellow users fix their similar issues!
Though I am an HP Employee, ALL of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever.
Top Student
pebleb
Message 4 of 5 (139 Views)

All I'm doing is sending an e-mail with an attached PDF file that has some "fi" ligatures in it. But instead of printing the ligatures, a little square is printed in its place.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 5 (31 Views)

@pebleb 

I know this is a while back but could you maybe post a photo of the issue with the PDF?

Many thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation