Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Other
Just set up and calibrated my new envy 7640 all in one printed. I downloaded the HP printing app and did a few test prints from photos in my phone. All of the ones I've printed come out waaaayyy darker than the quality on my phone (Samsung galaxy 6). Everything as far as the printer seems perfect and the tests come out well too. I've tried to play with the app but it doesn't seem like that's the way to go on this. Any suggestions??
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

You could try using the HP print plugin to see if that helps with the issue. I've included some information on the plugin below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04024231

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
I have downloaded the HP plug in already. The photos still print WAY darker than on my phone.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just to clarify - when you print photos using both the print plugin and the ePrint app, they appear much darker than on the phone? Have you tried to print anything from a laptop or other mobile device? 

Try restarting your phone and also powering down your printer and unplugging it for 30 seconds to see that gives any improvement. When the printer powers up again, don't print anything until it runs through it's print head servicing (a few minutes). 

"

HP Recommended
Yes, the photos print out way darker than they appear on the phone. I have restarted the phone... And I've printed from my laptop, but not photos. I suppose I can give the restarting the printer a try, but it doesn't seem like that's going to make a change.
HP Recommended

I have this same issue... We just setup the brand new printer and tried printing a photo from an iPhone via ePrint and it came out with darker and muted colors.  Is there no working solution to enhance the brightness when printing from an iphone?

HP Recommended

Hi,

There are some very useful editing features within the photo roll on the iphone. If you click edit you'll see al the options - among them is a light adjustment feature which a brightness setting that you can play around with. 

"

HP Recommended

I've had this printer for a few weeks now and am having the same issue. I've printed from the HP app, from my photo roll directly from my phone, and from my desktop and all of them come out darker and almost browner than usual. Whites look muted and photos lack any colors that really "pop." I'm not sure what the issue is. I've only printed maybe seven 4x6 photos.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.