Question

Honor Student
mrichards90
Message 1 of 19 (13,271 Views)
Accepted Solution

My HP ENVY 4500 wont print

I've recently bought a HP ENVY 4500 printer I connected it wirelessly through HP e-print but it did not print any PDF files or any web page documents it would only print Microsoft Office documents. I tried connecting it manually through the USB but it won't print anything at all, it just says spooling when I check on my active printers the print job dissapears as if its been printed. 

Any help on this issue would be greatly appriciated.

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 2 of 19 (13,252 Views)

Re: My HP ENVY 4500 wont print

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having issues with your new printer, hopefully you will get your problem resolved here on the forum. Were you tryign to print the PDF and web pages via the ePrint service (e.g. by sending them to the printers email address) or were you trying to print them wirelessly from say a laptop or Macbook? 

Best

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
mrichards90
Message 3 of 19 (13,248 Views)

Thanks for your responce

I think i tried to send them wirelessly, I selected e-print from the list of printers avaliable but when I clicked print it didn't do anything and I don't know another way of sending it to the printer. When I e-print a word document it comes up with a e-print window to confirm the print job but with PDF's and other formats it doesn't.

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 4 of 19 (13,222 Views)

Hi there, I should have asked you to confirm if you are trying to print from a mobile device (smartphone or tablet) or from a laptop/Macbook.

If its the former, take a  look at this support document that covers getting started with ePrint for your Envy 4500 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03748625&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=5304877#N97

If its the latter here is a link to some troubleshooting steps for problems you may encounter when trying to print wirelessly 

http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/wireless/troubleshooting.html

Post back after you've reviewed the information and let me know how you're getting on.

Best.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
CWI Student
Student
CWI
Message 5 of 19 (12,917 Views)

Hi - I have been reading some things here but nothing matches my problem.  I bought an HP Envy 4500 and overall it is fine BUT - and this is a big BUT - I cannot seem to print large pdf files (4megs or more and maybe less).  It will start to print and then stop and then print out a half page and spit it out.  I need to print an image of poster size at 80% as well as other things.  I have a pc and am using wireless.

Any help?

Thanks

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 6 of 19 (12,842 Views)

Hi CWI

I would try to set the driver to print directly to the printer. Go to start, devices and printers, right click the printer, left click printer properties, click on the advanced tab, select print directly to the printer, apply and ok. It may print slower this way. (Win 7 steps) You didn't state what operating system you are using.

If you are still having problems then I would suggest to try printing by USB connection to see if it something on the network or a antivirus software causing this issue. Temporary turn off antivirus software to see if it makes a difference.

Let me know if that helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
dsheridan5
Message 7 of 19 (11,654 Views)

The Print Directly to Printer option is greyed out and you cannot select on my laptop?  I am running windows 8.1

Help!

Student
NorthernGirl
Message 8 of 19 (11,573 Views)

Re: My HP ENVY 4501 wont print

I bought this printer on Black Friday.  Just opened it today.  WOnt print! Color cartridge works, black doesnt.  keeps eating through paper sending page after page on the out box.  Have wasted way too much time already.   A product should work out of the box.

I know just the solution!  It's going out to the dumpster tonight after work.

No more HP printers.  What a piece of garbage

Student
ry1234
Message 9 of 19 (11,563 Views)

hi my hp envy 4500 e-all-in-one series wont print.....

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 10 of 19 (11,543 Views)

Re: My HP ENVY 4501 wont print

NorthernGirl wrote:

I bought this printer on Black Friday.  Just opened it today.  WOnt print! Color cartridge works, black doesnt.  keeps eating through paper sending page after page on the out box.  Have wasted way too much time already.   A product should work out of the box.

I know just the solution!  It's going out to the dumpster tonight after work.

No more HP printers.  What a piece of garbage

Hi @NorthernGirl 

I would suggest contacting HP Phone Support about this. Can I ask what is the warranty ends date of the black cartridge? (YYYY/MM/DD)

Many thanks, 

Ciara

Wty ends dates.jpg

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation