Question

Top Student
EXfmaster
Message 1 of 14 (11,085 Views)

My iphone 4s cannot detect my HP printer although it supports AirPrint.

My iphone 4s cannot detect my HP printer although it supports AirPrint. My printer is HP Deskjet 3050A J611B.

The wireless and e-print settings are working properly. My laptop can detect the printer wirelessly but i do not understand why cannot my iphone 4s?

Grad Student
BharathKumarK
Message 2 of 14 (11,082 Views)

Re: My iphone 4s cannot detect my HP printer although it supports AirPrint.

Hi,

Thank you for posting,

In order to resolve teh issue, please check if you have the bluetooth radio on the Iphoe turned ON. If yes, please turn of Bluetooth radio on the iPhone and then try to search for the printer. If possible, try to restart the iPhone and connect the iPhone back to the wireless network after disabling the bluetooth and then check.

If the issue still persists, please check if the router that you are using supports Bonjour or MDNS. If yes, then try to enable Multicast on the router and then the phone should detect the printer.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Top Student
EXfmaster
Message 3 of 14 (11,066 Views)

From the printer's panel I asked to print a configuration report. the report shows that the Bonjour status is enabled and the service name is Deskjet 3050A J611. I am assuming that this mean my router supports Bonjour. The report also a lot of things that I find useless or at least as far as my knowledge goes.

Grad Student
BharathKumarK
Message 4 of 14 (11,051 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

The Bonjour is by default enabled on the printer. It dos not mean that the router supports bonjour. For the iPhone to detect the printer, Multicast should be enabled on the router. Please access teh EWS page of the router and check if the Multicast is enabled. If you have enabled the  multicast on the router, please disable or turn off the Bluetooth radio on the iPhone and then try to connect the iPhone to the wireless network and search for the printer.

Make sure you are connected to the same network to which the printer is connected to. In order to find that, please open Safari on your iPhone and type the IP address of the printer in the address bar of safari and click GO. Then check if you are able to access the EWS page of the printer.

If you are able to acces the EWS page of the printer, then it means the printer and the iPhone are on the same network. If you are unable to access the EWS page of the printer, then it might be there is no communication between the printer and the iPhone.

Top Student
EXfmaster
Message 5 of 14 (11,044 Views)

I can access the EWS page of the printer from my iPhone so I guess this is not the problem. Checked the router settings for the multicast thing and I cannot find it. By the way what does EWS stand for?
Grad Student
BharathKumarK
Message 6 of 14 (11,036 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

EWS stands for the Embaded Web Server page.

Can you please tell me the make and the model number of the router,

Top Student
EXfmaster
Message 7 of 14 (11,031 Views)

I bought from the Saudi Telecommunication Company STC. It was made by HUAWEI, at least that is what it says in the back. Its model is EchoLife HG532b.
Top Student
EXfmaster
Message 8 of 14 (11,030 Views)

By the way I just made a static IP address for my printer through the printer's EWS and after that e-print stopped working. So could you tell me how can I fix it and the static IP address.
Grad Student
BharathKumarK
Message 9 of 14 (11,025 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

The Huawei EchoLife HG532 router has some issues with supporting Bonjour.

In order to resolvethe Static IP address issue, please check if the Static IP address that you assigned to the printer is well with in the range of the printer. Try to open Safair and then type the IP address of the printer in the address bar and click on GO. If the printer EWS page opens, then click on Network Tab and click on Wireless. Under Wireless click on IPv4 Config and select automatic and clik on Apply.

If you are unable to access the EWS page of the printer, then please Press Setup on the fornt panel of the printer and then scroll down to Network and press OK. Under Network menu, please select Restore Network Defaults and press OK. Then press OK to Confirm.

Then connect the printer back to the wireless network.

In order to resolve the Air Print Issue, please check what is the Wireless security type that you have on the router WEP or WPA2. If you have WEP, then please chnage the security from WEP to WPA2. In order to change the encryption type, please open the browser and enter the IP address of the router in the address bar and Press Enter. This will open the Router Configuration page. Then click on Wirless and under security select WPA2 and enter the Key. Then under Wireless Channel make sure it is set to 11 and then click on Apply.

Wait for 5 minutes and then you will have to reconnect your computer and the priner back to router by entering the new WPA security key that you entered.

Then enable web services on the printer. Note: This will assign a new email address to the printer. Once the web services is enabled, the printer will print an Info page with the Printer code. You will have to go to ePrint center and add the printer again with the new code. Then you can go to the iPhone and check if the printer is now listed.

If the issue still perists or if you ahve issues in enabling the web services then access the EWS page of the printer and click on network and then click on Wireless. Under Wireless click on IPv4 configuration. Then under DNS select Mnaual and enter the Preffered or Primary DNS as 8.8.8.8 and the Alternate DNS as 8.8.4.4 and click on Apply.

Then try to enabl web services on the printer and then try to access the printer from the iPhone.

If the web services are enabled and if the printer is still not found by the iPhone, then you can go to Apple iTunes App Store and download and install the HP Home and Biz app on the iPhone and add the printer will the IP address and you will be able to print.

Top Student
EXfmaster
Message 10 of 14 (10,957 Views)

I changed the router and everything clicked and worked perfectly. Now my iPhone can detect the printer and it is working perfectly. I just wanted to thank you for your time and effort to help me. See you around =).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation