HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-27-2011 01:04 PM
My officejet 6500 plus won't print with either airprint or eprint from my iphone. I did try to print using airprint and i got a message saying "printing successful", but nothing happened.
09-23-2011 02:50 PM
Here are some things to check for with the ePrint issue:
ePrint does not allow auto-forward.
- You entered the printer’s email address incorrectly.
- The email was sent to multiple printers or recipients. (HP’s ePrint service only processes emails sent to a single recipient. This protects users from unintended printing.)
- There were more than 10 file attachments.
- The total size of the attachments exceeded the 5 MB limit.
- One or more of the attachments contains a virus or a macro. (Scan the attachments for viruses and remove any macros.)
- The attachments were in a format unsupported by ePrint.
- Low-quality photos were included in the print job.
- The printer is not online.
- You do not have permission to use the printer.
Check for product updates by going to the ePrint settings on your printer's control panel.
ePrint will cancel a print job under the following circumstances:
- The printer is currently busy printing other jobs.
- The printer is turned off or not connected to the Internet.
The printer must be on a wireless network with Internet connection. Connection to the computer is not necessary.
- The printer experienced an error and requires attention.
- A user at the printer, or the printer owner cancelled the print job.
- The printer's ePrint feature was turned off. Turn the printer’s ePrint feature on and resend the print job.
- There was no printable document.
- The print job included photos that were too low in quality to print with good results. (resolution needs to at least 100 pixels in length or width to ensure printing from ePrint (100 dpi).
- The print job could not be printed at this time due to an issue with the ePrint service. Please try again later.
Jobs stay on the server for 24 hours if there is a local printer issue. The server checks printer status regularly. (For example: If the printer’s cover is open, the print job prints when the cover is closed.)
If I have resolved your issue, feel free to provide Kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided.