My printer won't print from email (2905 Views)
Student
goddessou812
Message 1 of 5 (2,905 Views)

My printer won't print from email

Sent several pictures by email to printer, one printed, the others failed. I can't find the issue

Grad Student
D_P_George
Message 2 of 5 (2,837 Views)

Re: My printer won't print from email

Hello goddessou812,

I would try to power cycle your printer to see if this helps with your issue. It most likely sounds like a unstable connection but cannot say for sure without more information regarding the error message(s) you are receiving. To power cycle the printer follow these steps:

While the printer is still on, unplug the power cord from the printer, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord to the printer. Once plugged back in the printer should power on automatically.

You may also want to set a static (manual) IP address and see if this helps maintain a more steady connection. You can do this from the EWS page for the printer. To access this simply find out the IP address of the printer and type it into the address bar of your internet browser. The IP settings can be found under the "Network" tab.

Hope this helps.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Student
hubiet
Message 3 of 5 (2,355 Views)

I UNPLUGGED THE POWER TO MY HP PRINTER AND RESTARTED IT AFTER A MINUTE. IT WORKED AND PRINTED FIVE COPIES OF A DOCUMENT

eej Student
Student
eej
Message 4 of 5 (1,429 Views)

My printer will not print from my e-mails.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 5 of 5 (1,407 Views)

Hi eej

I understand your printer won't print from your email.

I would download and run the Print and Scan Doctor to fix common printing problems.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02073861&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/cc...

If you require further assistance please provide the following so I can assist you better.

What operating system are you using? (winxp, win7, win8, win8.1)

What is the full name and product number of your printer?

How is the printer connected? (usb/ethernet/wireless)

Can you print from any other applications?
What are you using for email? (web browser, outlook)

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation