Question

Student
kimbunta
Message 1 of 2 (1,767 Views)

Need to set up my Samsung Galaxy phone to my HP wireless printer.

I had my HP printer set up to print from my old phone but I've been unsuccessful setting up with my Samsung Galaxy S 2. It gives me a message that I am not listed on the "allowed Senders" list.  How can I set this up?

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 2 of 2 (1,751 Views)

Re: Need to set up my Samsung Galaxy phone to my HP wireless printer.

Hi there, from your description I'm going to assume that you're trying to send content from the new phone to an ePrint enabled printer as an email to that printers email address. ePrint has a security feature whereby the printer owner can restrict who is allowed to send emails to the printer. The default setting when you setup an ePrintCenter account online and add your printer to the account is for the setting to be left open so you (or the printer owner) would have had to change this in the ePrintCenter account. Can you recall doing this? If you are using a different email address to send your emails to the printers email address and the originating address is not included on the list of allowed senders it would explain why you're receiving that message.

Might that explain what's happening is your case?

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation