Question

Top Student
barbbowman
Message 1 of 17 (4,664 Views)

New Google Cloud Print does not work "Could not get printer information from HP."

ePrint works. but this new thing is NOT ready and should not have been announced.

"Could not get printer information from HP." is returned from the Google site.

This is so like HP Marketing to announce something that isn't even implemented yet on THEIR servers. Just like they announced ePrint and it didn't work for weeks until they did some reprogramming.

Did HP even test this before announcing it?

Will an HP employee comment?

m_f Student
Student
m_f
Message 2 of 17 (4,657 Views)

Re: New Google Cloud Print does not work "Could not get printer information from HP."

It's working fine for me on my Officejet 8500A on my home network.  However, my colleage with a CP1525 in the office is having the same problem you're reporting.  Could be the printer or the firewall I guess.  Has anyone hooked up a CP1525 successfully?

When you're done setting up, it's just sending out an email from your gmail account with the document - you can find it in your email sent box.

Top Student
barbbowman
Message 3 of 17 (4,641 Views)

Re: New Google Cloud Print does not work "Could not get printer information from HP."

HP Photosmart D110

this model had problems with ePrint too when more epensive models worked.

Waiting for HP to answer. Getting ePrint working on D110 took 5 weeks. I've had it with HP products.

I have a 8500 (not an "a") and I have to resinstall the print driver on w7 x64 every time I reboot. HP has documented THAT as a bug for over a year as opposed to actually fixing it.

Honor Student
iRobert
Message 4 of 17 (4,633 Views)

I'm getting the same message with my D110A as well... Tried multiple times yesterday and today.

Master's Graduate
PrintApper
Message 5 of 17 (4,610 Views)

If you're having problems w/Google Cloud print and want to confimr your printer's connection, you could try printing out your info Wireless>Web Services>Info page or send an ePrint to the printer.  

I just printed from my Android phone (from Gmail for mobile) to a D110a via Google Cloud print, didn't have any issues, so it should work.  

There is some troubleshooting information here that may help:

http://www.google.com/support/cloudprint/

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Honor Student
jpmilleman
Message 6 of 17 (4,594 Views)

in order for it to work you have to make you are not restricting the printer to specific email addressed. you have to all.

Honor Student
iRobert
Message 7 of 17 (4,584 Views)

Thanks jpmilleman!

Removing security fixed it  for me. Really scary that I have to have no security to use this feature though...

Tutor
jaysen
Message 8 of 17 (4,582 Views)

A few of us are having the same issue, which model printer are you using...
Student
Jon_D
Message 9 of 17 (4,276 Views)

This is all very strange.  It would be good to get a comment from HP on this.

I bought a CN503A today and had to rummage around via google to find these pages to find the answer (and if was

jpmilleman that provided the solution not HP).
On my printer, for the google cloud to work I have:
(a) Set google cloud print to "On. (Jobs sent via Google Cloud Print will print.)"
(b) Set Allowed Senders to "Everyone"

Only then did it work.

But here's the strange bit.  I've then set the Allowed Senders back to "Allowed Senders Only", and google cloud print is still working.  Will it continue working?  Will it continue working if the printer's IP address changes?  I don't know.

For those of you that managed to get it working by switching off the security on Allowed Senders, I suggest you may find you can turn it on again.

As I say, it would be nice to get some input from HP on this.  I'd like to know I have a safe setup (both in terms of security and longevity of this working configuration).

If this a necessary step to getting the google cloud print working, perhaps HP could add that instruction to the "Print Services (BETA)" tab on the HP ePrint Settings window.

Tutor
ldm1701
Message 10 of 17 (4,170 Views)

[ Edited ]

Trying to use GoogleDocs on HP6500A+ I had to reinstall printer so it was connected wirelessly.  I had trouble orignally getting Google to accept the pswd. It seemed a setting on my Norton Sec. s/w had to be changed. I am now ok getting the app. to load.  Now I uploaded docs to GoogleDocs, but printer seems to think nothing is in folder. I don't know if this i sthe same Cloud issue being describbed. For the heck of it I tried entering the printer email on Google Cloud and got this same msg. Can someone plz. enlighten me. Am I doing somethng wrong, or still have to make a change in some s/w or something?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation