No printer code for my D110a printer (1837 Views)
Tutor
mandybear605
Message 1 of 33 (1,837 Views)

No printer code for my D110a printer

I am unable to find the printer code on my d110a printer. Wireless services are enabled on the printer. The code (email address) does not print out or show on the panel. Web services are enabled and I have no problems printing from my laptops?

When I try to download apps. The printer indicates it cannot connect to the network??? I've tried reinstalling the printer with the same results?

Teacher
ePrintlady
Message 2 of 33 (1,806 Views)

Re: No printer code for my D110a printer

When you press the wireless button do you see an IP address on the front panel of the printer?

Also, when you go to the web services menu can you "enable" web services?  does it print out an info page?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Tutor
mandybear605
Message 3 of 33 (1,804 Views)

Yes, I do see an IP address. When I "Enable Web services" a message comes back "Problem connecting to the server".

When I hit retry it tries connecting and then comes back with "Product update error" Download Unsuccessful. Everytime I do a retry the same messages comback???

Tutor
rstubbs_tx
Message 4 of 33 (1,754 Views)

[ Edited ]

Tutor
mandybear605
Message 5 of 33 (1,683 Views)

When I hit the wireless button, the signal strength and IP address is displayed. The signal strength is good at 4 bars and the IP address is 192.168.0.199. When I try to enable web services it does not print out an info page.

When I print out the HP Network Configuration Page it states " Microsoft Web Services", WS Discovery and WS Print are enabled.

The printer shows that it is enabled under Bonjour.

I would really like to get all the web features working on this printer and am in need of help.

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 6 of 33 (1,676 Views)

Just for verification which firmware version do you have on your printer? You can check this by printing the status report.

1. Go to Setup or Wrench

2. Go to Tools

3. Select Printer Status Report

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Tutor
mandybear605
Message 7 of 33 (1,674 Views)

Firmware version: TUL1FN1006BR

Master's Graduate
PrintApper
Message 8 of 33 (1,672 Views)

[ Edited ]

Mandybear: 

You need to update the firmware on your printer. 

Go to: 

Setup>Preferences and select Product Updates...this will cause the unit to search for and download a firmware update. 

Allow that update and you should have no problems enabling Web Services.  

When you enable web services an info sheet will print out...go to the ePrintCenter web site, create an account, and add your printer to your account using the printer code on the left side of the info sheet.   Do that within 24 hours of the info sheet printing out.  If you do it later that 24 hours you'll need to reprint the info sheet to re-enable the printer code for adding it to your account.  

Once you've added your printer you can configure ePrint, and add/remove/re-order, and configure print apps on your printer. 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Tutor
mandybear605
Message 9 of 33 (1,669 Views)

I've tried updated the firmware without success. When I try it "Connecting" is displayed and then after awhile it comes back with "Product Update Error" and "Download Unsuccessful" Retry or exit. I tried this multipule times?

Tutor
mandybear605
Message 10 of 33 (1,666 Views)

I tried updating the firmware and it indicates Update error/download unsuccessful. Is there any way to get a firmware upgrade except online? Do you require any other information?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation