Question

Honor Student
JonnyBkr
Message 1 of 6 (2,019 Views)

Officejet Pro 8500A and iPhone

I have set up our new 8500A printer for ePrinting and successfully managed to print using my Macbook Pro, using Airplay from my iPhone (when connected to our wireless network) and by using the browser to connect to my web e-mail account.   However, no matter what I try I cannot print using the e-mail function from any application installed on my iPhone.   I have tried Apple Mail and sent an e-mail to Print but nothing arrives and no messages appear to say why not.   I have tried Quickoffice to send an e-mail to the printer but again nothing prints and there are no messages to say why it didn't.

Is there something I am missing that is causing this issue as I cannot find a solution anywhere?

Thanks

Honor Student
tfkaraba
Message 2 of 6 (1,940 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8500A and iPhone

In order for the iPhone to automatically print an email or attachment, you must be using Version 4.2.1 or later of the iPhone opearting software.  With Version 4.2.1 installed, upon selecting the reply/forward icon under an opened email, you will automatically receive the option to reply, forward or print the email.  Selecting the print option will give you a new screen with the HP installed printer already selected, options to print multiple copies, and the option to print on one or two-sided paper.

Honor Student
rod77777
Message 3 of 6 (1,930 Views)

Not working for me. I have the 8500A Plus A910 and an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1. I see the printer on the airprint menu, but when I send it to print, I see the screen telling me it's connecting but nothing happens. I've waited a few minutes in this state, and still nothing. Any ideas?

Teacher
headsortails
Message 4 of 6 (1,919 Views)

Try power-cycling your printer, iPhone, and router. After a printer upgrade this often helps clear the initial hurdle.

Honor Student
rod77777
Message 5 of 6 (1,916 Views)

I really should have thought of that. Problem solved... thanks!

Honor Student
JonnyBkr
Message 6 of 6 (1,883 Views)

Hi

That is not the problem I am having.  As I said in my original post, I can Airprint no problem, it is with ePrint over the web that I cannot get to work.

I have set the printer up for ePrint and received the printers e-mail address, but no matter what I try and do I cannot get the printer to print off what I send to it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation