Question

Student
bacobas1977
Message 1 of 2 (350 Views)

PCL driver HP DESKJET 1000 PRINTER

HI all; we are developer and we try to implement PCL 3  driver on a Microchip Microprocessor  board that just have
 USB Host stack inside..  

Microchip have just develope an Example of driver that work on microprocessor bu is compatible with printer :

hp deskjet 460  but we must  made the microchip driver work fine with  HP DESKJET 1000 PRINTER...

Can You help us ?  we try to "sniff" usb  driver of   HP DESKJET 1000 PRINTER.. but we think that work in graph mode..

do you have also PCL Driver to install on PC ... So we'll can sniff and  try to understand why 

Microchip Driver  dosen't work fine.. 

Best regards.

PhD Student
dansdaduk
Message 2 of 2 (341 Views)

Re: PCL driver HP DESKJET 1000 PRINTER

According to the HP specifications, the print languages supported by the two devices are:

• Deskjet 1000: HP PCL 3 GUI
  • Deskjet 460: HP PCL Level 3 enhanced

I'm not sure what differences there are between these two Page Description Languages.

... and I don't think that HP publish details of these PDLs (although they do for PCL5 and PCL XL, as used on (most ) LaserJet printers); i thought that they were both raster-based graphics languages.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation