Pending ePrint Jobs (4408 Views)
Honor Student
PinnyJ
Message 1 of 18 (4,408 Views)

Pending ePrint Jobs

I have just installed my PhotoSmart Plus B210a. Wireless is connected and the status on the ePrint Center is Connected and Ready. The printer is ok and working wirelessly with my PC. However, when sending an email from an Allowed Sender via Yahoo Mail the status of the print job shows as pending. Initially, an email did print but the attachment was too large and was discarded. Since then the print status of any emails is shown as pending. The email sender receives an email saying that printing is delayed as the printer is busy, even though it is not. I have turned the printer off and back on again, checked the wireless connection and successfully printed wirelessly from my PC but to no avail.

I would be grateful of any help as I bought the printer specifically for ePrint. Many thanks

Honor Student
dorkmo
Message 2 of 18 (4,398 Views)

Re: Pending ePrint Jobs

i have the same problem... all my jobs are pending.

Honor Student
dorkmo
Message 3 of 18 (4,396 Views)

i just noticed that i can't cancel one of my pending jobs.

i click cancel over and over and it wont go away

did this happen to you too?

Honor Student
PinnyJ
Message 4 of 18 (4,355 Views)

It will let me cancel all my print jobs except one. Any ideas?

agb Honor Student
Honor Student
agb
Message 5 of 18 (4,341 Views)

Yep, same here on 6500A Plus - all pending and one I can't delete.  Tried all the reset options I can think of, including deleting and re-adding printer on HP's site, resetting wireless connection w/router, etc.  Nothing works, any ideas appreciated...

Master's Graduate
PrintApper
Message 6 of 18 (4,325 Views)

For those of you with pending print jobs - if you don't mind getting a new email address and losing any app configuration you may have completed on ePC (for those printers that support configuring apps from ePC) you could try removing and then re-enabling web services on your device. 

That will remove the printer and all print job information associated with your printer's current email address from your account.  

When you re-enable web services and re-add your printer to your account using the new claiming code (the portion of your printer's new email address to the left of the @ sign) you will have an empty ePrint job queue.  

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
agb Honor Student
Honor Student
agb
Message 7 of 18 (4,320 Views)

Thanks appreciate the help - it worked just as you said.  Hope this isn't going to be a frequent occurrence...thanks again!

Honor Student
dorkmo
Message 8 of 18 (4,271 Views)

interesting, there is now an error code message when i try to click cancel

Couldn't cancel: CPG: com.hp.cloudprint.entities.ObjectNotFoundDBException: JobFlowData not found with jobFlowId = 15S629929

i'll do the email reset thing because i havent started using the printer really

just hope this isnt going to happen again, i plan on sharing this email address with my coworkers, only want to do that once

Top Student
barbbowman
Message 9 of 18 (4,252 Views)

The issue is that even with energy savings turned off that the web service times out and the only way to reconnect is to unplug the printer and plug it back in causing it to reconnect. This is not fixable by customers it is an HP bug. Local network printing keeps working even in this state.
Master's Graduate
PrintApper
Message 10 of 18 (4,139 Views)

Rather than power cycling your device, turning wifi off and then on again has the same effect on re-initializing your cloud connection, and is probably faster to do.   We are actively working on the connectivity issues and appreciate your comments.  

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation