Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Same problem here:  2605dn printer, just get a full page of black ink when trying to print from my mobile phone.

HP Recommended

Same problem here. I have been trying so many things to make this work, but alas it is not. Printer HP 2605 dn works perfectly when printing via cable, laptop PC, desktop PC, second desktop PC, but when using my samsung phone nothing, just completely black page. It is embarrassing how long the problem has peristed. Main reason for putting my printer online was so I could print from my phone and now, now I have nothing. Will you please try to work this thing out. I really don't like powering on computer to print a document that I could have done just by pressing one button on my phone. Thank you.

HP Recommended
Same problem here. I have been trying many different programs and my hp 2605dn still prints black pages. I primarily made this printer a network printer so I could print from my phone, but alas it is not possible. Printer is printing just fine whem ai use cable or a laptop over network, only this eprint software isn't working. When will you fix this app.
HP Recommended

HI HP, I'm back after a long absence.  The Forum's automailer prompted me to answer if the recent posts had "solved my problem".  Very funny!  Anyway, I donated my 2605dn to charity last year and bought an Epson.  So yes, my problem is solved. So long.

HP Recommended

Same here, all black on a Laserjet 2605DTN.

Please advise...

HP Recommended
Same issue.
My ColorLaserJet 2840 works great with every device except the Samsung Note 4 with HP ePrint. I just get black pages.

I hate to get rid of the 2840 when it otherwise runs so well with every other network computer but I find myself using the phone more and more and it makes no sense to have 2 printers.
HP Recommended
Does this mean that if we keep the printer in PCL6 mode with all of the other devices it might work with ePrint too? I am not sure about the apple printer drivers but i know i can change it on the windows boxen easy enough... is there a way to set that as a default in the printer?
HP Recommended

I am using a Samsung S2 Tablet, it is now March of 2016 which means this thread is over 2 years old and I am having this same problem printing to my Hp Laserjet 2820. Solid black page printing from any app. Has this issue ever been resolved, or were we just supposed to accept the fact that even though the printer is easily detected by the device and allowed to print, it just is never going to work properly. Why not just patch out the unsupported printers? Why does it detect these printers if they aren't going to work? Why not let us know if this is never going to be resolved.

HP Recommended

Yes, this thread has been going on FOREVER with no adequate fix.  It wouldn't be so bad if it had never worked through the app, but it used to work and then stopped working.  I have a ColorLaserJet 2840 (have had three other HP color all-in-ones since I got that one and it is still the best of all of them even though it is much older and slower) and I was able to use the app and print, but then presumably an update to the app changed things and it hasn't printed anything except solid black pages since that time - no matter what "fix" has been suggested.  Extremely annoying and bad response from HP.

HP Recommended

I am using an e-print app to print from my office's HP4050 printer. I think the app is created by microtech.  Anyway, I was getting a full black page just like everyone else on here.   It seemed to only occur when the "color" option was on when printing from the app.  When I turned it off, it printed perfectly fine, just not in color.  I don't need color printing so I am happy with this fix.  I added a picture below.  At the top left of pic where it says color, make sure that is off.  Every time I have had it on it printed a black page.  Every time I have had it off, it worked like a charm.  I hope this helps.  image.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.