Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi M, no problem at all, I'll do my best to help you out :generic: To post an image in your reply just click on the icon I've circled below and brwose to where you have the image saved on your computer.

Best

posting an image.JPG

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended
Hi...I am afraid my total ineptness is showing. Therefore, I will bow out gracefully. I really appreciate your efforts in dealing with me. I hope you have a merry Christmas. Thanks again...Michael (I would have loved to have given you kudos, but being true to form, I couldn't figure out how to do it,,Sigh)
HP Recommended
I had to try one more thing. I got the following notices: Network Connection Error and the biggie Authentication Required. Plus there is a graphic showing Network--X---ePrint. Any thoughts?
HP Recommended

Hi MesaRey,

I hope you haven't thrown in the proverbial towel yet.  I'm positive that this can be conquered.

Were you able to overcome the username and password to set up a manual ip address and DNS servers?  If not, please restore your network defaults from the front panel of the printer, as per the steps listed.  Don't worry if the steps seem familiar from Arkle's post as many of them are.  

• On the printer control panel press the Wireless button (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/764/c02863930.gif ), and then press the button (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/527/c02715494.gif ) next to Settings
  • Press the Down Arrow (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Doc/images/645/c01243324.jpg ) to select Restore Defaults, and then press OK
  • Connect your computing device (computer, tablet, etc) to the network labeled something like "HP-print-3512"
  • In a new web browser window or tab. In the address bar type 192.168.223.1 and this should load the embedded web server.
  • Please click on the 'Network' tab across the top
  • Please click on 'Wireless Setup Wizard' along the left hand side menu. Please run this to put the printer back onto the network

Now you should be able to follow Arkle's steps to set the manual ip address.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

can not fing or get code for registering eprint.  printer given to us by boss who retired. please help

HP Recommended

Hi there, if you let me know what model printer you have I can give you detailed instructions how to get the claim code. You will need to have the printer connected to a local WiFi network that has internet access in order to get the code.

Typically you'll need to remove web services if they are already enabled, and re-enable web services to generate the new code. All of this is done from the printer front panel. I'll wait to hear back from you with the specific model details.

Best.

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended
Yes
HP Recommended
Envy 4520 all In one printer
HP Recommended
What
HP Recommended
Arkle1, I would very much like to know if an HP Deskjet 2542 is capable of producing and email address. The Network Configuration Settings print-out says web services are enabled, however I do not see a "web services" tab on my EWS. Please help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.