Question

Top Student
markdamiano
Message 1 of 16 (7,034 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printer code for ePrint

I cannot seem to figure out how to get the printer code so that I can add my new HP Officejet Pro 8500A printer for the purpose of ePrint.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 16 (7,006 Views)

Re: Printer code for ePrint

Have you enabled Web Services in 'Setup', 'Web Services setup'?

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
BWG707
Message 3 of 16 (6,990 Views)

Your  printer code will be your printer,s email address. Which should printout after you go thru the setup wizard.

Top Student
markdamiano
Message 4 of 16 (6,972 Views)

On the printer's touch screen, I went to Wireless Setup Wizard and connected to my wireless router (the printer is also plugged into my home PC via USB cable).  A page printed out, but I do not see an email address.  There is no other "Web Services Setup" that I can find.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Grad Student
windrunner123
Message 5 of 16 (6,942 Views)

Hi markdamiano,

You would need to connect the printer to the router via the ethernet cable or wireless connection with active internet access.

This is a requirement for the eprint and web apps to work.

After you have done so, press on the Apps icon on the control panel and follow the instructions

This will run a Product update to download and install firmware needed to enable eprint.

Thank you.

I am an HP employee

**** Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution" ****
Top Student
markdamiano
Message 6 of 16 (6,921 Views)

Got it.  It's working now.  Thank you very much.

Student
jllantin
Message 7 of 16 (6,420 Views)

I need further information on how to setup my eprint.  I don't know which information I should enter on the required fields: Host Name and Proxy Settings.  Where I can find it? 

My printer is giving me the following error: CONNECT h10141.www1.hp.com:80 http/1.0 Proxy-Authorization: Basic Og==

Thanks in advance.

Juan

Honor Student
gligon
Message 8 of 16 (6,138 Views)

I am connected wirelessly as I can print wirelessly from my laptop.  When I press the Apps icon, I am not seeing instructions for e-print.  What should I be looking for or am I doing something wrong?

Top Student
karenames50
Message 9 of 16 (5,903 Views)

I also, receive the same printout when I click on "print email address"  If you find out the answer as to what this is, please let us know!!!

Top Student
IFRPilot
Message 10 of 16 (5,879 Views)

I am connected wirelessly and I can print wirelessly from my PC.  When I press the Android Apps icon on my Motorola Xoom, the Xoom cannot find my Photosmart HP4780 printer.  The HP Network Configuration Page furnishes excellent data and finds no problems.  What it does not furnish is the printer code/email address.  It once worked.  After a factory reset of the Xoom, after installing ICS, it does not.  There is no icon on the printer's menu, nor is there a handy set-up choice, from which to choose.  What should I be looking for?

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it." Pablo Picasso

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation