Question

Honor Student
gibsonw
Message 1 of 3 (1,460 Views)

Printing envelopes from Microsoft Works Word Processor

I cannot print envelopes form Microsoft Works Word Processor.  The documents print ok but not the envelope.  I am using an Acer Aspire Series Lap top.  

I can do all printing from my desktop with no problems.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (1,455 Views)

Re: Printing envelopes from Microsoft Works Word Processor

Hi,

Have you tried this ? I know it's very easy from Word but very hard with Works

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263298

Good luck,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
stumpjumper
Message 3 of 3 (1,152 Views)

Re: Printing envelopes from Microsoft Works Word Processor

I have the same laptop with vista and using Microsoft works. My printers are deskjet 932  and 1220.

Even using the task launcher will not guarantee you can print the information on the envelope where you want it.

The following is a detailed description of how I do it. Toward the bottom is a broken down easier way to get to what you need.

Once you have the page open to place information on the envelope you must go up to the word "file" in the upper left corner, click and move down and click on the "print preview" option.

Once that is open move to the top of the page and look for "page setup".  Click that then look for the tab "source size and orientation".   now move down to the window to the right of the word "size" and you will find options in there. C6 is a good one for small envelopes and #10 works well for large ones.

Doing this will put the print on the envelope where you want it. Not knowing which printer you have you might need to do something with orientation as well but this will at least hit the envelope so you can make any changes necessary.

Warning: You have to do this EVERY time you try to print an envelope. Even if you save it. I have several I have saved in documents so I don't have to retype them every month but they still have to go through the page setup or they print in the center of an 8x10 sheet.

here is it broken down.

task launcher

programs

individual envelopes

size #10 or C6

file

print preview

page setup

size source and orientation

select C6 for small or #10 for large.

OK

Now print using either ctrl +P or click "file" and "print".

Even if you save it in documents you still have to start at "file" after you open the saved envelope.

It's a nuisance but it works, and it is the best I have been able to discover.

I sure hope that helps get you printing envelopes as needed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation