Printing from iPad to HP desk jet 3050a (211 Views)
Honor Student
Mathguy2
Message 1 of 6 (211 Views)

Printing from iPad to HP desk jet 3050a

My iPad and HP Deskjet 3050A J 611g used to work like a team. Over the past week I was not able to wirelessly print from my iPad to the wireless printer above. My network is on but my iPad is not able to find the above printer when I touch the print icon. How come?
Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 6 (190 Views)

Re: Printing from iPad to HP desk jet 3050a

Hi Mathguy2,

I see that you're having issues with your iPad finding your printer.  Try the steps below

1. Unplug printer and router for about a minute.

2. Plug router up

3. Plug printer back up.

4. Power  cycle iPad.

5. Try to send another document to the printer.

Let me know how it goes.

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP
Honor Student
Mathguy2
Message 3 of 6 (158 Views)

I was excited when I saw your response. I followed your very clear steps diligently. Sadly, I still was not able to print. Once again it could not find the printer. Perhaps I might try deleting the printer from from my main computer and then reload the printer from the Cd that came with the printer. Perhaps it needs a new fresh beginning. Your thoughts?
Mathguy2
Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 4 of 6 (121 Views)

Hi Mathguy2,

I am sorry the steps didn't work for you.  I wouldn't uninstall the printer from the computer.  The Airprint function is separate from printing from your computer.  I would confim that the iPad is on the same wireless network as the printer.  

Let me know how it goes. 

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the white star under my name.

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP
Honor Student
Mathguy2
Message 5 of 6 (109 Views)

Hi Gary
thanks for getting back to me. If the wireless printer and the iPad are on different wireless networks that would be a strange occurrence since all was fine for a long time. Suppose they are and that may be the case, how do I change the printer to match the iPad( which I know is correct)?
I await your response oh wise sage!
Mathguy2
Teacher
JMuzz
Message 6 of 6 (79 Views)

Hi there,
Sorry you are experiencing this problem. I would recommend giving the solutions in the following document a try:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02873555&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation