Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue "Problem Connecting to Web Services Server"  I've reset the printer, and I can air print but nothing else.  I am also unable to connect to it with my daughters laptop.  Everything used to work fine but all of a sudden stopped.  My eprint feature no longer works and I can't even find what the email address is of the darn thing anymore.

HP Recommended

Hi Bindy79,

I see that you're having problems connecting to web services.  I have a couple of questions for you.

What printer do you have?

Have you made any changes to your network?

HP Recommended

Hello.  I've been having the same issue with My c310 photosmart printer.  It's been about two weeks now.  I've tried everything that's been on the forums such as resetting to factory defaults, including the network service, and using the Google DNS IP's.  None of which have worked for my printer.  I have made no changes to my wireless connection and I have no Proxy running that would prevent this from working.  So what gives HP?  

HP Recommended

Are you an HP employee?  Just curious.  I've tried all the steps with no luck.  Very dissapointed with HP right now.  There should be no need to change the DNS IP's either.  Unless Cox is blocking HP services because of some sort of grudge!  Doesn't make sense though.  

HP Recommended

I would attempt restoring network defaults again, then reconnecting to your network and attempting to enable web services. There were updates recently that should resolve this issue if all goes well.

I have seen cases where no matter what is done something within the router is blocking communication, but they are very rare. If this is the case you may have to set up a static ip address on your printer again and have your router provider put that IP address in to DMZ mode. This should remove only the printer from behind the firewall and allow communication.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I have a photosmart 310a.

I recently moved house and have a different adsl connection.

How do I reset or fix the problem?
HP Recommended

Sorry for the delayed response.  If you are having problems connecting your Photosmart c310a, you can go into your network options under your setup menu, restore network defaults, and then use the Wireless Setup Wizard to try to reconnect.  If this does not help you to connect, what is the IP address of the printer?  

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended
The only solution to these problem is the proper setting of the DOMAIN NAME SERVER or DNS that your printer should used by default. Since the operating system that was used by most HP Smart Printers are ANDROID OS which was made by GOOGLE , by default GOOGLE does not allow ANDROID devices to use any other DNS settings except for GOOGLE DNS (8.8.8.8) which means you need to force the printer settings to make use of the GOOGLE DNS for it to work properly. Unfortunately, these facts are something that is not properly documented in GOOGLE website. Why did GOOGLE design it that way? of course, for GOOGLE to monitor all the URLs that are being accessed by all the ANDROID devices all over the world... Brilliant Idea!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.