Question

Student
oscar_sdsu
Message 1 of 2 (256 Views)

Problems setting up wirless connection HP photosmart 6520

I think my problem is coming from the fact that I live on campus and when you connect to the network you have to put in your I.D number and name. On the Printer I can't do that. Is there a way around this?

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 2 of 2 (217 Views)

Re: Problems setting up wirless connection HP photosmart 6520

Hi oscar_sdsu,

I hate to hear you are having connectivity issues.  The printer requires the passphrase of the network it is trying to connect to.  You may be able to push the settings to the printer through a USB to wireless conversion, however it will depend on how the network is setup or the settings setup by the system administrator.  The below steps may resolve the issue.  If you are unable to convert to wireless, a direct connection via ethernet or USB may have to be used.  For more information about your product you can always visit the following link.  Click Here

To change from a USB connection to a wireless network

Do one of the following according to your operating system.

On Windows:

a. From the Start menu on your computer, click All Programs, and then click HP.

b. Click HP Photosmart 6520 series, click Printer Setup & Software, and then click Convert a USB

connected printer to wireless

c. Follow the instructions on the screen.

On Mac:

a. From the Home screen, touch the Wireless icon, and then touch Settings.

b. Follow the instructions on the screen to connect the printer.

c. Use HP Setup Assistant in Applications/Hewlett-Packard/Device Utilities to change the software

connection to this printer to wireless.

Change

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation