Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How  do I  RESIZE (enlarge) a scanned image for printing? I am using a HP photosmart 6510.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi H121,

What operating system are you using ?

Here is a link to a post that solved this problem for someone else.

If you are using Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) OS you will need to install the critical update provided in the link.

Otherwise, here are the steps ShlomiL listed.

Now change the settings as following:
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the "Scan Tasks" tab.
4. Select the Scan Shortcut used to scan, then click Edit.
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Crop To and set as None.
7. Click OK and try scanning.

Hope this helps.

If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!

If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.

I'm a printer tech with HP.

HP Recommended

someone says "the HP Photosmart Software has many tools that you can use to edit your scanned image." And I just wonder where can I find the tools for image editing.:catfrustrated:

HP Recommended

I have scanned a stamp and I want to enlarge and print the scannned picture. How do I do it?

HP Recommended

I wonder do I need another image resizing sdk to help me enlarge a scanned image for printing? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Arron

HP Recommended

Yes, as recommended by others, utilize Microsoft Paint (but it took me a few goes to work through the tabs/options to print the desired result on my Envy 5532). Here's what I did to enlarge an old 1950 black and white 4x3 inch print to a 6x4 inch copy. 

After a scan/save of the original picture at good resolution (200 or 300 dpi), open up Paint, open/select the scanned file, goto Page setup, select 6x4 inch, Feed via main tray. Margins . . . you're not printing max paper size so you can reduce default margins to perhaps 5mm. You can try centering vertically and horizontally, Fit to 1x1 page, hit OK. Other options:. Resize, leave at the 100x100 offered default (yeah I know - read on!).  Goto Print preview - this is the key point . . . use the Zoom in magnifying glass by 'click-steps' to maximum that Paint allows. Load photo quality paper into your printer and hit Print. Et voila! Job done.  (HP gives you an option to resave the file, however I haven't checked whether this overwrites the original or adds a suffix to the original filename).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.