08-30-2012 09:37 AM
What operating system are you using ?
Here is a link to a post that solved this problem for someone else.
If you are using Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) OS you will need to install the critical update provided in the link.
Otherwise, here are the steps ShlomiL listed.
Now change the settings as following:
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the "Scan Tasks" tab.
4. Select the Scan Shortcut used to scan, then click Edit.
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Crop To and set as None.
7. Click OK and try scanning.
Hope this helps.
If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.
I'm a printer tech with HP.
05-15-2014 12:43 AM - edited 05-15-2014 12:44 AM
someone says "the HP Photosmart Software has many tools that you can use to edit your scanned image." And I just wonder where can I find the tools for image editing.