Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to get the scan to email app that came with my printer to work.  I can get the printer to send to my email but there is no attachment when it arrives.

I have tried sending to my email on my ipad (a .me account) as well as on my laptop (microsoft outlook).

I have set up both emails on the printer, the document runs through and says it is successful but when I open the email there is no attachment.

I have also added eprintcenter.com to my contacts.

HELP please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Everyone concerned, my answer regarding scan to email not sending an attachment is here.

Re: Eprint Scan to e-mail - SCAN not attached:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile-Printing-and-ePrintCenter/Eprint-Scan-to-e-mai...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

81 REPLIES 81
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. But mine did work really well until the last few days. I responded to an update message and now everything I send comes through without the attachment. So I am wondering if the update is what caused the issue. I really need it to be working again ASAP. It is an awesome feature WHEN it works. Did you do an update on yours too? I tried resetting it to the factory defaults and that did nothing to fix the issue.  

HP Recommended

Same with my 6500a plus - I receive an email, but missing the attachment.

I've seen it working in my office, really neat trick! Just wished it worked properly on my home office printer.

HP Recommended
I am having the same issue with my officejet 6800. I get the email but not attachment. It did work once when I first set the printer up a few days ago. It is agrivating when they do not work consistently .
HP Recommended
Mine was a brand new computer just today so I probably had the updated version as part of my start up process. Hopefully an HP expert will read this thread and help us all.....it's very frustrating?
HP Recommended
Same problem here. This worked,for many months without issues. I have tested with Two OJ 8500 and one 8600 in different networks. All on latest firmware. Also used different email systems (yahoo, google mail, MS exchange). Always same result - no attachment sent with email. Check scan to PC which worked. So,scanning works in general.
Scan to email feature worked fine for months and does not recently. What is strange is that is seems to work once in a while, But not predictable. App is not useable like this. As this is clearly a HP issue I hope that HP addresses it asap as so many people are dependent on it.
HP Recommended

This is something that has been noticed by HP, and it is being looked in to now. As soon as I have any other information, or a confirmation that it has been resolved I will post back on here.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
THANKS!!!!
I actually DO like the HP web enabled printers and the apps which really increased my productivity!!! This, however, means that I am dependent on those working reliably. So, good that HP is working on it. I hope for. speedy resolution of this issue.
THANKS again for letting all of,us know.
HP Recommended
Thanks very much for this. Hopefully HP can resolve this quickly.
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I see that Jon-W is looking into the issue for you guys. Some users have reported success with the steps below.  Please post back and let me know how it goes.

1.  Go to the front panel of your printer.

2.  Turn ePrint Off.

3.  Turn ePrint back ON.

4.  Unplug printer.

5.  Plug printer back up after 30 seconds. 

Try again to scan.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.