Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP SUPPORT PLEASE!!
At least a status update and outlook should be delivered to,the community.!!!
I find it hard to believe how HP deals with their customers. This problem is now there for nine days!!!
If this is not fixed within the next two days I will sell my printers to another idiot who still believes in HP quality and buy from a competitor.
This is totally unacceptable. Especially since this is not rocket science.
HP Recommended

Hi facing the same problem even with HP Deskjet 6525 which I purchased two days back

HP Recommended

Well HP we are all as you can see very disappointed with the scan to email and in general the entire HP eprint centre. I would say the lack of customers service is enough to put us off HP entirely. We have just returned 6 officejet 6700 premiums to amazon, as unfit for purpose. Our company provides communications for hard to reach locations such as construction sites, we tested a system with your printers attached to our Hubba 3g routers (making a modern Fax system). Initially this worked so we planned on rolling out another 20. The idea was to install one in all of the 200 sites we provide comms for. Unfortunately the system is now failing and your lack of support is very disappointing. We would have liked to have used a name such as your selves but this is rediculous. Maybe epson can help!!!

HP Recommended
It is a problem with the App/ePrint and therefore applies to any webenabled HP printer I think.
Because of that widespread nature of the problem it is even less understandable /acceptable to me that HP does not provide status let alone a fix.
If I worked like that in my company i would be long fired.
Very sad....
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

Thanks everyone for your patience.  The attachment issue is still being looked into.  I will update this thread whenever any updates are available. 

HP Recommended
WOW An offical HP rep. talks to us. I would interpret that as a good sign 🙂 Better late than never..
@HP.. guess frustration of people is obvious. Pls.,give this priority in. context of this going on for about 9 days...
HP Recommended

I know this doesn't resolve the issue, and will not work in all cases, but there are a few workarounds that can be used in the meantime.

The first would be to scan to your computer, and then email the file manually. As long as you have a computer with the software installed this will work.

For those who do not have a computer, if you have have an android phone/tablet, or an iphone/ipad, you can use the HP Printer Control app to scan to that device and then email the file to which address you need. The app is free in google play as well as the apple app store.

For those without any of the devices unfortunately there isn't a quick workaround. There are however some estorage apps available within eprintcenter that can send your scans to a google docs or box.net account. These apps are also free but not available on all printers. This will let you scan to that account without any device, and then when you get home or to the office etc where you have access to a PC or phone you can then email the files.

Edit: The estorage apps should be under the apps tab along the top of EPC, and then under the digital filing category. If it does not show up here it is not available on that device.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

To add on to Jon-W post for those with mobile devices take a look at the thread below for the printer control app.

Printer Control app

HP Recommended

Please no responses from HP personnel speaking for themselves. I only want a response from HP personnel working for HP.

HP Recommended

I just talked to HP and this is a problem with their server. There is a work around if you have an iPad, etc. I downloaded the HP Printer Control App. Can remote scan fromt he printer to my iPad and e-mail from it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.