Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

There could be a firmware issue, I would not call it a faulty printer personalty. The best thing I can offer is to contact HP's Cloud Support Team. If you are covered under warranty and a replacement is needed they are the ones to speak with.

If you live in the USA/Canada, 1-855-785-2777. If you live outside the USA/Canada, click HERE to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Ok. How do we change/update our firmware?
HP Recommended

Also tried it and no luck. I really would like to know if this feature works for anybody or whether it is in general broken. I can't believe that it is the printer or the setup in so many cases ....

Peter

HP Recommended

Typically, once the web services is enabled the automatic updates are enabled also. Try going to the Setup menu on the printer and then Web Services. In that menu you will be able to check for updates on the printer.

Contacting HP's Cloud Support is the best option if the troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the issue.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I found a temporary solution.

Download the HP All-In-One App. Search "HP aio" in the app store. Connect to your printer via wire or wireless. Place document on the scanner. Press scan on the app. Once image is scanned, save it, go to files and send to email. Hope this helps you guys.

HP support why couldn't you let us know about this before?
HP Recommended

For me the solution was to enter the SMTP credentials of my internet provider (which provides the internet connection).

HP Recommended

Hi,

That's an interesting thought.  Scan to Email doesn't work for me either - perhaps it is because my ISP blocks outgoing SMTP on port 25.  (I would have thought that the email could ride the web services connection back to the cloud and then be sent.)  In any event, I'm curious where you were able to enter the SMTP credentials.  

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hey tmancill,

Which printer and Email are you using?

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
I solved mine by resetting the scan settings in setup
HP Recommended

I solved this finally by changing the outgoing email settings in the scan to E-mail section on the web interface.  SMTP was set to port 25 which I changed to 465.  I also made sure the box marked "always use secure connection" was unchecked.  Hope this helps somebody!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.